e i g h t

DIANA

It was definitely a daunting process that she didn't want to ever endure again. The casting hunt began on Monday, however, they found one that was deemed perfect for Diana by Natalie on Thursday. Natalie sat in the waiting room with her laptop, catching up on some work whilst her best friend came in and out of dressing rooms, casting rooms and the waiting rooms. It was a long day and there were a lot of other models that wished to get the same position as Diana however there was no telling who was placing better than who. 

Diana was very self-conscious coming into the casting area; all the girls were much slimmer than she was and they had luscious hair. Diana, on the other hand, had a slim figure however it was more muscular due to her routine when she would work out. Of course, she wouldn't consider herself fat or ugly, it was just compared to the other girls, not ideal. Diana had a pile of clothes she was allowed to wear and model for the casting which consisted of there categories; sports and activewear, bikini and swimwear and finally lingerie. The first category was activewear and sportswear so Diana dressed accordingly with a black sports bra and fluorescent yellow sports leggings with black accents. She had her hair in a high ponytail and followed the girls in a line out onto the small catwalk in the casting room. She posed at the end and accentuated her legs and butt before winking cheekily at the directors. She had noticed that many of the other girls would just pose once or twice on the spot and then walk back to get changed into their next outfits. 

Diana changed into the swimwear next which consisted of a burgundy two-piece with a high waisted brief and a white kimono with her hair out and laying over her shoulders and back. This time, Diana had more time before she had to walk again and chose to go chat with Natalie being called back. She flared her kimono as she walked this time, again, noticing as the other ladies were just blank as they walked along. Diana was confused, to say the least as she knew most runways showcased at least some emotion unless it was very, super serious like for fashion week. Soon enough, the castings were over and the ladies were told that they would be contacted between now and a week if they had been successful. 

"How did it go?" Natalie questioned as she placed her laptop in her bag, watching as Diana walked out amongst the other ladies that were present for the castings. Some of the ladies walked straight outside whilst others had friends and family waiting for them. 

"It wasn't bad. I just don't think I did too well." Diana sighed and walked beside Natalie as they left the building, thanking the receptionist upon leaving. They were pleased to see that David had remembered to pick them from the building as Natalie's car had to go in for a service, especially since the casting was in Santa Monica which was a bit of a drive away. They would have been more than happy to watch a train back and called an uber but David had insisted. They both got into the uber and David turned in his chair with a large grin on his face, asking his now close friend how she went. 

"They were all so beautiful and elegant. I think my runway walk is my usual walk - that's not sexy at all!" Diana groaned and sat back into the seat, crossing one leg over the other before sighing. David only rolled his eyes and reassured that she did well before turning up the music and headed back to his place where he knew some of his friends would meet them to hang out. "I'm doomed!" Diana rubbed her hands over her face before starring out the window with a pout upon her face. 

After being stuck in traffic and a long drive due to people noticing David, Diana laid down on David's couch and grabbed the warm throw and placed it over her body, leaving enough room for her face to poke out of it as she laid down. Natalie wandered into the kitchen to grab her friend some comfort food whilst David sighed and sat beside one of his newest friends. He loved seeing any one of his friends happy and pleased with their lives so seeing Diana like this really bummed him out and knowing that he couldn't do anything about it didn't help him either. Sure, they hadn't known each other for a while, not like the scale of Natalie and Sihana but she was a great company, got along with everyone else and was extremely humble which was why he was so eager to befriend her.