t w e n t y - t w o

JEFF

Jeff had planned a nice breakfast welcome home for Diana on the morning that she was arriving back from New York. He knew that majority of the Vlog Squad were not morning people, hell, he knew that Diana wasn't one herself but he was pleased to know that his friends all wanted to participate in this breakfast. Jeff knew that Diana had had a hard couple of days due to her family's private information getting leaked and from the ridicule, she was getting from the girls in New York so he wanted to do something nice for her. Everybody loves their food, of course, and Diana was a big foodie herself, often enjoying breakfast food more and she was usually never awake early enough to have it. Some of the squad ordered food the day before, other prepared platters or made food for that morning whilst Jeff set everything up from the tables to the decorations which actually only consisted of white tealight candles and flowers (of course not roses as they were too overrated). 

Jeff was pretty pleased with himself as everyone was enjoying themselves despite it being not even ten am. Everyone had so much food and there was plenty of leftovers but no one seemed to be wanting to leave the table. They were all having either their own conversations amongst everyone or asking Diana questions about New York. It was just nice to have something casual for once; no spending large amounts of money, no drinking and no partying; it was cool, calm and collected. Jeff was talking amongst Jason, Diana and Todd and they were talking about how she was after that particular buzzfeed article. 

"If you would allow it, I'd love to sit down and talk to him." Jason spoke, mirroring his text from one of their group conversations. Jason was pretty protective over Diana more so that her past had come to surface and that Jeff had often vented about the girls in New York and how bitchy they were to her, so he liked to make sure she was okay emotionally and mentally on top of being the giant goofball he was. 

"Me too! I mean, I was in jail for similar offences but not that long and I can understand how hard it can really be. I'm no way saying your brother or yourself couldn't help him get back on shoes but I would love to meet him and help him too, be the help I needed when I got out." Jeff offered, running a hand through his hair as Todd agreed on his behalf. 

"My father would love that. I think he'd get along really well with Jason and I think he'd really appreciate that Jeff." Diana spoke graciously and offered the two smiles. "My brother keeps updating me on everything. He gets out in about a month so just a little after my birthday which is a nice surprise. I would fly him up but I don't know how he'd go honestly. He never really liked planes which I think is why he joined the Navy all those years ago." Diana spoke as Jeff listened intently. 

"Well, from the sounds of it he sounds like a great man," Todd spoke, giving his input which gathered a smile on her face. Jeff knew that from speaking with Natalie that Diana was so nervous about mentioning her father around everyone but they all loved that she opened up to them. "Anyways, tell us about your brother. Lukas, right?" This managed to gather everyone's attention as they were eager to know about the other Jefferson. 

"Oh god! Where do I start?" Diana joked before jumping right into it. "He is called Lukas and he's older than me by two years. He is queer but goes by he or him as his pronouns and he's super eccentric. Lukas has been in some movies actually and plays The Flash in DC. He goes by Lukas Riley after my mother's maiden name. He's awesome and a great brother. He's so inspiring in everything he does and is super philosophical and thought-provoking. He went to college for Literature and Philosophy so he's pretty freaking smart." Jeff just smiled at the girl beside him as she spoke about her family. It was so obvious to everyone that he cared about Diana and he didn't care if he looked whipped or anything, he was simply in love.