29

hueningkai: "Welcome to my mom's boba shop!" 

soobin: "Wow. It's so orange."

hueningkai: "I know. We try to paint it a different color every six months. I won our recent vote for the next color."

soobin: "And the next color is?"

hueningkai: "Yellow."

soobin: "Cool."

hueningkai: "Mom!" 

mrs. kai: "Hyuka!" 

hueningkai: "Mom, this is my new friend, Soobin."

mrs. kai: "Nice to meet you!"

soobin: "Nice to meet you."

mrs. kai: "What type of boba do you want? I'll give it to you for free!" 

soobin: "Oh, no, that's okay, I'll pay."

mrs. kai: "No no, any friend of Hyuka's is family. Hyuka, where is [y/n]?"

hueningkai: "She said her mom called her to come home? Something like that."

mrs. kai: (sigh) "I keep telling [y/n]'s mom to be less strict. [y/n] studies too much and she has that job, on top of it."

hueningkai: "She needs the money for college, Mom."

mrs. kai: "I know..."

hueningkai: "Alright , Soobin, you heard my mom. Boba on the house! What'll it be?"

soobin: "Hm... well, maybe the Thai tea?"

hueningkai: "Good choice. Mom, Thai tea with boba!"

mrs. kai: "Okay!" 

hueningkai: "Sit, sit. Anywhere, really."

soobin: "Thanks."

hueningkai: "[y/n] needs to come with us next time. Or we can visit her, since you're so close to her, anyway."

soobin: "Her mom is strict, you said?"

hueningkai: "The strictest of the strict. She's always been like that to [y/n]. Just because of that one night."

soobin: "That one night?"

hueningkai: "It's not my story to tell so I won't tell all of it, but [y/n] dated this guy last year and her mom hated him."

soobin: "Dated, past tense?"

hueningkai: "Yeah, the asshole broke up with her. I fucking hate that guy."

soobin: "Why?"

hueningkai: "He got [y/n] all warmed up for him and then he dumped her after a couple months. He wasn't the greatest influence but he was part of the cool crowd, you know?" 

soobin: "I thought you liked [y/n]."

hueningkai: "Me? Ew, no. She's just my friend."

mrs. kai: "Here's your boba, Soobin. Hyuka, give [y/n] this popcorn chicken tomorrow. The poor thing needs to have more food in her system if she's really going to work herself to the bone like this."

hueningkai: "Okay. Actually, wait. Soobin can give it to her."

mrs. kai: "He can?"

soobin: "I live in the same apartment complex as her."

mrs. kai: "Ah, well, perfect! Please pass that onto her if you can." 

soobin: "Of course."

hueningkai: "Anyways, like I was saying, [y/n] did some pretty rebellious stuff with that guy. I mean, it wasn't super rebellious, to be honest, but her mom was completely against it. There was this one pretty bad thing [y/n] did and since then, her mom hasn't let her forget it."

soobin: "Jesus... but it's been a year."

hueningkai: "Her mom is scary, man."

soobin: "Sounds like it."

hueningkai: "But it's okay 'cause she's got me! And now you. We'll cheer her up together."