48

hueningkai: "I'll get you some water."

y/n: "Thank you."

soobin: "Are you okay?"

y/n: "Not really."

soobin: "Is that guy... I mean, was he really your boyfriend?"

y/n: "Unfortunately." (sighs) "It was a long time ago. It was a mistake. I was stupid."

soobin: "Don't say that."

y/n: "But it's true, I was. I just never thought I'd see him again."

soobin: "Does he go to our school? I never see him around."

y/n: "No. Not anymore. He got expelled last year."

soobin: "Expelled? For what?"

y/n: "He... he just did something bad."

soobin: "To you? I really will kick that guy's as--"

y/n: "No, no. Not to me. I mean... not directly."

soobin: "What happened?"

(silence) 

soobin: "Hey... I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to push you like that. If you don't want to talk about it, then we don't have to."

y/n: "Really?"

soobin: "Of course."

y/n: "Thanks."

soobin: "Any time."

y/n: "But Soobin?"

soobin: "Mhm?"

y/n: "I'll tell you someday. Just not now. Okay?"

soobin: "Okay."

hueningkai: "Here's the water. Okay, how the hell does that asshole think he can just show his face to you after all he did? And at your job, of all places! He really has no ounce of respect or dig--"

y/n: "Kai, it's okay. I'm fine."

hueningkai: "No, it's not. Luckily Soobin was already at my place 'cause we were playing video games, so I had backup."

y/n: "Video games? I thought you said you guys were gonna work on a paper for English?"

hueningkai: "Right... well..."

soobin: "I mean, we were but..."

y/n: (laughs) "Save it. You can't fool me." (pauses) "Hey... thank you for coming. I'm sorry. I panicked when I saw he was still loitering outside even after my shift was done."

hueningkai: "It's my job to protect you. I'm your best friend. And now that Soobin is part of our group, no one will mess with you! How tall are you again?"

soobin: "6'1."

hueningkai: "You see? [y/n], your ex is a shrimp in comparison to Soobin!"

y/n: (laughs) "That I agree with. But seriously... thank you."

hueningkai: "Don't cry."

y/n: "I'm not."

soobin: "Good."