83

y/n: "Hello?"

soobin: "Hey. Sorry, did I wake you up?"

y/n: "Yeah, but that's alright. Is everything okay?"

soobin: "I was just calling to see if you were okay. I... I feel bad about earlier."

y/n: "Why? I'm the one that should be sorry. I kicked out Iron Man, of all people."

soobin: (laughs) "But really, your mom didn't find out?"

y/n: "No. And Soobin... don't feel bad, okay? It's not your fault my mom is like that."

soobin: "So, she doesn't like me."

y/n: "I mean... she just doesn't really know you."

soobin: "I should at least try to get her to like me. You and I are friends. I don't want her to think you're friends with a liar and a coward."

y/n: "You're not any of those things. I'm the one that kicked you out and I'm the one who was afraid to get caught. If anything, I'm the liar and the coward. I..." (sighs) "I haven't been that great of a friend to you."

soobin: "What? [y/n], don't be ridiculous. You're one of my closest friends now, same as Kai. I feel like I can tell you anything."

y/n: "You do?"

soobin: "I do. And, look, I get it. It's not easy to always have someone watching you. I can't imagine how hard it's been for you, especially since last year."

y/n: "Last year made everything worse. I should've never dated that asshole. I don't know what I was thinking. I thought... I guess I just thought he was different than everyone else. And he was. Just..."

soobin: "Just not the good kind of different."

y/n: "Exactly. Before that, my mom always wanted me home, anyway. We didn't have a lot of heart to heart talks growing up. And it didn't help that Kai is my best friend and that's a boy. She thought we were secretly dating for the longest time." (sighs) "But ever since my dating fiasco. I'm lucky I still have my part time job."

soobin: "She didn't even want you to work?"

y/n: "No. She thought I'd still meet up with [ex] during my shifts. Like I wanted to see that asshole after what he did to me? I can't believe she thought that."

soobin: "Have you tried talking to her?"

y/n: "Honestly, no. Mainly because I feel like she doesn't want to talk about it. I just get this vibe that she just wants me to follow orders and that's that."

soobin: "I'm really sorry."

y/n: "It's okay. This is going to sound horrible but it's why I can't wait for college. I just need to breathe a little bit. Not run wild just literally breathe. Does that make any sense at all?"

soobin: "I understand."

y/n: "Okay, enough whining from me."

soobin: "Telling your life story isn't the same as whining."

y/n: "Sure it is. Hey, Kai told me you made it onto the basketball team?"

soobin: "I did."

y/n: "That's amazing. You deserve it."

soobin: "I wouldn't have gotten in without your help."

y/n: "Beomgyu and Taehyun were really helpful, too."

soobin: "I know but you went after [ex]. You confronted him, even if that meant talking to him again and having to deal with him. I really appreciate that. But..."

y/n: "But?"

soobin: "I don't want you to do it again. If he does something again, let me handle it. You shouldn't be talking to him at all if he's that toxic."

y/n: "But I don't know what I'd do if he did something to you."

(silence)

y/n: "You know, because you're my friend."

soobin: "Right. Of course."

y/n: "Kai and I have your back. I just want you to know that."

soobin: "I know. Trust me." 

y/n: "You really need to go to bed. You're a varsity athlete now. You need beauty sleep."

soobin: (snorts) "I can run on only four hours of sleep."

y/n: "Yeah... that is a habit we need to change right now. Hasn't your girlfriend taught you that?"

soobin: "She sleeps late, too."

y/n: "Well, just because she can do it doesn't mean you should. It's gonna catch up to you, you know."

soobin: "Alright, alright. Good night."

y/n: "Good night."

soobin: "[y/n]."

y/n: "Yeah?" 

soobin: "Even though I had to leave right away, I'm still glad I came over. So don't feel bad. Okay?" 

y/n: "Okay." (yawns) "Good night, Iron Man."

soobin: "Good night, Cinderella." 

(call ended)