055

girlfriend: "Hey! I just got your text message."

soobin: "Hey."

girlfriend: "You know, good timing you called. I have some very exciting news."

soobin: "What?"

girlfriend: "It looks like I'm going to be able to have an apartment for my first year of college! So I was thinking you could room with me instead of getting a dorm."

soobin: "An apartment."

girlfriend: "Yeah! I talked with a couple people and made a few connections. Lucky me, huh?"

soobin: "Is it really luck?"

girlfriend: "I mean, it's just an expression. You know what I mean."

soobin: "I don't know if I do."

girlfriend: "Are you okay? You don't sound like yourself."

soobin: "I texted you because I wanted to ask you something."

girlfriend: "Okaaay. Ask away, then."

soobin: "Are you fucking up [y/n]'s life?"

(long silence)

girlfriend: "What the fuck are you talking about?"

soobin: "Kai showed me everything. How you managed to get access to [y/n]'s blocked video again, the one that made her go through absolute hell last year."

girlfriend: "Are you crazy? You'd believe your new friends over me? Really?"

soobin: "Tell me the truth."

girlfriend: "Oh jesus, Soobin. They've really warped your mind. You've known me for years! I could never do something like this. And Annie doesn't even--"

soobin: "I never mentioned Annie."

(long silence)

soobin: "But you're right. Annie was your accomplice, wasn't she? You asked her to do all of it. She confessed to us and she showed Kai everything on her cell phone. I saw the messages."

girlfriend: "....they weren't from me. Why would I even do that?"

soobin: "I don't know. My mind doesn't work that way so I can't even think of a reason as to why you would hurt people like that." 

girlfriend: (silence)

soobin: "My mind doesn't think of framing someone I've known for years. Someone I've trusted and spent so much time with. My mind isn't wired that way."

girlfriend: (silence) 

soobin: "I think this is worse than also hearing that you're cheating on me."

girlfriend: "....Soobin..."

soobin: "Don't you think? I'd rather you just cheat on me than cheat on me and hurt my friends."

girlfriend: "You're in too deep with these people. Look how fast you side with them when you barely even kn--"

soobin: "These people are Kai and [y/n] and I've learned more from them than from anyone else in less than a year. They've been nothing but nice to me, which I've told you over and over again. But you still don't trust them. You still don't trust me."

girlfriend: "How can I trust you when I know?"

soobin: "Know what?"

girlfriend: "That I'm losing you! That I've been losing you for awhile now and I lost even more of you ever since you moved to that stupid high school and made new friends. You've forgotten all about me."

soobin: "Did you remember me when you were cheating on me?" 

girlfriend: "I don't even like him."

soobin: "How long?"

girlfriend: "It doesn't ma--"

soobin: "How. Long."

girlfriend: "Eight months."

soobin: ".....I've only been at this new school for five months."

girlfriend: "What the hell do you want me to say, hm? That I'm sorry? I'm sorry I was trying to save us? I did what I had to do."

soobin: "You weren't trying to save us, you were trying to save yourself and your plans and your idea of us. Why didn't you just talk to me? Why did it have to go this far?"

girlfriend: "Because [y/n] likes you! Are you dense?"

soobin: (silence)

girlfriend: "Or did you really think that I didn't notice how you are around her? You practically glow when you're around her. Even if you're pissed or anxious, it's going to be okay if she's around."

soobin: "She's my friend."

girlfriend: "Yeah. She is. That's the problem. I don't want you to be friends with her."

soobin: "I can't do that."

girlfriend: "Don't do this. Don't ruin us for some girl that you just met."

soobin: "I didn't. You did." 

girlfriend: "I may be a cheater but I'm still your girlfriend. I've been your girlfriend for years." 

soobin: "I want to break up."

girlfriend: "Well, I don't."

soobin: "This isn't a compromise. I want to break up. We're done."

(call ended)