Chapt: 8

Magnolia Sage

The vibe at Silas people house was not very welcoming

The vibe at Silas people house was not very welcoming. They just look at me with a blank stare, whisper to themselves about me, and then ask was me and Silas even married. I told them the truth that me and Silas was just engaged but we still planning the wedding. It was too much for me. I just wanted to leave and find a hotel.

"You okay?"Silas came up to me. I sigh heavily looking down at my shoes. "Talk to me"

"I want to leave. The tension here is like all over and I can't handle it"I spoke out then took a sip of my Hennessy.

"You drinking?"Silas narrowed his eyebrows. He grab my drink but I pulled it back which waist on someone behind me. I turn around seeing the same girl when we arrived here. "I'm sorry Charlotte. My fiancé is kind of drunk here"

"I'm not that drunk. Just tipsy"I mumble drinking some more.

"You know what it's okay, I was coming in here to tell your family goodbye"the girl name Charlotte said. "Goodbye Mrs.Wilson. I'm so sorry for your lost"

"Thank you Charlotte for coming and dropping off the gift for me and my husband. It's beautiful"Silas mother smiled. What did she drop off?

"Your very welcome. I should get going, I have work"Charlotte walked away from us.

"Slutty bitch"Silas mother mumble.

"Momma that's not nice at all. She gave y'all a gift"Silas said.

"What did she gave y'all? If you don't mind me asking"I ask.

"A fucking stash of money. Everybody know she works at the damn strip club so why give us money"Mrs.Wilson said shaking her head. "I'm sorry for the way I'm acting. How you doing magnolia?"she hugged me.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry I didn't give y'all a gift, being on the road with this one here"I pointed to Silas.

"I see why you have that drink. I wanna know Silas, why you didn't married this woman?"Mrs.Wilson ask.

"Mom, we work a lot and I don't have time"Silas said.

"Poor excuse"Mrs.Wilson drunk her liquor.

"Mom....."

"Go to your father. Spend time with him"Mrs.Wilson spoke. Silas sigh a bit and walk to the backyard. "How's life with you?"

"Going by slow. I need to do better in this relationship and....."

"I don't think it's you magnolia. Silas needs to buy you a car, a house, give you babies"

"I want all that but the job I'm working at is like not what I want"I said. "I want to be a model or be famous"

"I understand. I don't mind you being famous" she smiled. "I'm so happy Silas found you. Charlotte was just......"she sigh heavily.

"You didn't like her?"

"Hell no. She was trash"—"Kept asking Silas for money and could of gotten him into trouble"

"He never talked about his ex at all to me so I don't really know anything about her"I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well now you know"

_________________

Charlotte