A Simple Man

From Maggie's POV:

What a lovely morning, I thought. My husband gave me one of the best gifts ever--a photo frame with my old and new family photos in it. Every night before I go to sleep, I take out that picture of my mom, dad, Emma and me and look at it. Now I have our wedding picture to go with it. Tears pricked at my eyes again, but I quickly brushed them aside. No more tears, I said to myself. Today is a happy day.

I hummed a song on my way to the shower, my heart feeling lighter than it has in weeks, maybe months. When I got back to our room to get dressed, I looked through my closet for something to wear. Hmmm. I usually wear jeans and a T-shirt, since you never know when a hunt will come along.

Today, I felt like dressing up a bit. Maybe....A-ha! Found it. I took out a light turquoise-colored cotton sundress with a print of small white roses on it. It had off-the-shoulder straps, with an elasticized bodice. At the bottom of my closet, I found my tan espadrille shoes with the long intertwining straps and 1-inch wedge heels. Satisfied with my wardrobe choice for the day, I styled my hair and put on some light makeup. For my jewelry, I chose a simple gold chain with diamond stud post earrings. A spritz of my perfume, Magic, and I was ready to go.

Sam saw me first, when I was on my way to the kitchen. "Whoa, Maggie! You look like a girl today!" he teased, and gave me a wolf whistle.

"Very funny, Sam. So do you, with those long, flowing locks of hair you have," I countered. "Really, though, do I look okay?" I asked hesitantly.

"Seriously, Maggie, you look pretty today. Love looks good on you. Happy anniversary, " Sam said as he winked and gave me a peck on the cheek.

When I got to the kitchen, I saw that Dean was still in his robe and pajamas. His back was to me, so I took a few moments to watch him as he worked. He had a giant picnic basket out, and was putting all sorts of things in it. Sandwiches, grapes, strawberries and cheese all went into the basket. Then I saw the mini champagne bottle with two small flute glasses.

As he worked, he was humming a song, but I couldn't quite catch which one it was. He closed the basket lid and turned around to leave the kitchen. When he saw me, he stopped in his tracks. His jaw dropped a little, then he broke into a smile. Dean looked me up and down and I could tell he appreciated what he saw.

He slowly walked over to me and put his hands on my waist and tugged me closer to him. "What a stunning creature you are," he marveled. Then he looked around conspiratorially and said, "Whoever you are, though, you have to get out of here before my wife comes home. If she finds me here with someone as breathtaking as you are, she'll kill me!" He thought about it for a minute. "Ah, who am I kidding? You're worth the risk," he said, dipping his head for his lips to meet mine. The kiss started slow, then began building as we took in more and more of each other with every passing moment.

"Soooo beautifullll," he said, planting sweet kisses and little nibbles on my neck and collarbone. "I really hate to break away from this, my love, but I need to shower and get ready for the day. I won't be long, I promise," he said, kissing the end of my nose.

I waited in the library for Dean to finish getting ready. When he came around the corner, it was my turn to drop my jaw. Dean was dressed in jeans and a white button-down shirt, with the sleeves rolled up to his elbow. The top button on his shirt was open, revealing a glimpse of his broad chest. Cowboy boots completed the outfit.

His hair was gelled in its usual style but he was clean-shaven. And oh, that cologne of his. "Whoa," I said. "I think I'm in for some trouble with you. You might want to get out of here before my husband sees me with such a gorgeous hunk of man. He's likely to kick your ass for touching his woman." Then I thought for a minute. "What am I saying? You are definitely worth risking life and limb for," I said as I reached up for a kiss.