5

An~ Just so you all know lolz this -> 'italics' Means the person is signing not talking.

It had been awhile. The two boys were just standing there staring at each other unaware of the time ticking past. Virgil was... well he was looking like he usually did. Bored. The only difference was the slight furrow of his brow and how his eyes were a tiny bit wider. His purple eyes practically glowed with worry as he stared at the man in front of him. 

Roman was no better. He was pretty much crying again. Virgil had said the same thing as him. He had said curse. Which meant his lack of smiling or... expression, in general, had to be because of a curse. A curse that Roman had never thought Virgil possessed. He never gave any indication he even had gifts. It honestly broke his heart.

"You're cursed." Roman's voice shook, not that the man could hear, and Virgil nodded. "W-With what? What... What curse?"

"I can't express my emotions. I haven't been able to since I was... 4? I can't really remember." That tore at Princey more than he would let on. It made all the shit he's said to Virgil a hundred times worse. All the times he's snapped and turned to yell at him over his lack of caring. Of course Roman couldn't see it. Virgil couldn't express it. "What about you Mr. I-don't-have-a-curse?" Roman cringed as he turned away. "What happened to the whole 'insisting you don't have one' thing?" Virgil stood there with his arms crossed tapping his foot waiting for an answer that wasn't coming. 

"Roman, I am not going to let you pretend you never said anything." Roman made no indication he heard Virgil... because he didn't. Roman walked over to his one window and just stared out of it at the garden. Virgil was getting annoyed at the lack of response. "Roman!" Still nothing. Roman was purposely trying not to look over at the man he knew was still there. He didn't want to see that Virgil was talking to him. He didn't want to read his lips and find out that Virgil was mad at him. He just wanted to sit in silence. Ironic considering all this started because he was tired of it. "Roman?" All that anger quickly died out as Virgil watched Roman just stare out the window. "Roman, you worrying me." 

It was getting too much for the anxious man. Roman was not listening... or caring... or hearing. He didn't know what to think and he didn't want to assume, even if every once of his anxious being was screaming 'possible reasons' at him. Virgil looked around grabbing a baseball off one of the shelves and chucked it at Roman. Well not at him. If Virgil was really aiming to hit Roman, he would not have missed. Instead, he through it directly at one of the red diamonds on the wall, hitting his mark and scaring the shit out of Roman. 

The man didn't even see it really. All he saw was a blur but he did feel the vibration from it. Roman stared wide eyes at the hole in the wall. He reached out picking up the ball that had fallen, plaster clinging tight to it, as he looked back to see Virgil still in a sort of throwing stance. Roman noticed right off the bat how off Virgil's breathing was.

"Vir..."

"Sorry." Virgil straightened himself out frowning at the hole he unintentionally left. He had thought he held back. Apparently, it was not enough. "I can fix it." Roman was in shock. He didn't think Virgil could be that strong. Little loner Virgil had the strength to put a hole in the wall will a baseball... and he was indeed holding back, not that Roman knew that. Virgil ran a hand through his hair trying to calm his already fraying nerves. "Roman, you need to talk to me."

"You threw a ball at me because I wasn't talking to you?"

"No, I threw a ball at your wall because I was scared." Roman tensed up at the subtle shake in Virgil's voice, proof he was breaking. "I was trying to get your attention and you just stood there oblivious. It scared me, Roman. It always scares me when you just zone out like that." Virgil shook himself out of his own head for just a split second. Enough time for him to notice Roman had walked over to him. Roman reached out placing a hand to Virgil's heart feeling how fast it was racing and he instantly felt bad. Of course, Virgil didn't understand what was going on and froze up in anxiety. "R-Ro..."

"I'm sorry." Roman smiled sadly as he just stared at his hand still placed on Virgil's chest. He could feel the racing heart and uneven breathing. He understood just how scared the man was. "I didn't mean to worry you. I just didn't want to see what you were saying. I... I was scared." Virgil grabbed Roman's wrist pulling his hand away and causing the prince to look up at him.

"What do you mean 'see what you were saying'?" Roman sighed as he let his hand drop once out of Virgil's grip. "Roman, answer the question."

"My curse Virgil..." The creative man went and sat on the bed giving Virgil this soft yet overly anxious smile. "I'm deaf." 

Virgil just blinked. That was the only easy thing to notice. He blinked. He blinked... and clenched his shaking fists. He blinked... as his jaw locked slightly. He blinked... as he stood there staring at Roman unable to reign in his emotions. Guilt... pain... sympathy... anger... he didn't know what he was feeling all he knew was it was a lot. And Roman could see it too. He sat there waiting for Virgil to say something. Anything really but the anxious man never did. He just stood there not until the lights went off. Roman looked over, seeing the door light up and he frowned. He got up slightly worried about the anxious man in the room as he opened the door to see Patton there with a smile.

'I made dinner for everyone.' Roman glanced back only to see Virgil still just staring blankly and he sighed. Patton tapped his arm grabbing his attention again as he signed. 'Is everything ok?'

"Uh... Yeah. It... It's all good." Patton beamed as he sighed 'ok then' with a silent laugh. He turned to go to Virgil's room when Roman stopped him. "I'll let Virgil know. He's not in his room right now."

'Oh? Where is he?' Roman just pointed back into his room and Patton's eyes went wide. 'Good. You two really do need to start getting alone. You guys might even become good friends.'

"I'll try. Thanks for dinner, Pat. I'll be down in a bit." Patton just nodded as he left leaving Roman alone to deal with the stunned man who still hadn't moved. Virgil was lost in his thoughts. 

Roman was deaf. That was what he had heard. It made sense. It made to much too much sense for it to be a lie. All the times Roman had gotten lost in his thoughts and they couldn't get his attention... All the time's someone would be talking to him as he walked in and Roman missed it all... All the times Virgil had scared the shit out of him by just 'appearing'... Even the tea incident. It all happened because Roman didn't hear them. Except it wasn't that he didn't, it was that he couldn't. And here was Virgil getting all mad and shit because he thought Roman didn't have a curse. In his defense, it was because Roman himself went out of his way to make everyone think that. Even still Virgil could help but feel guilty about all his 'jealous' thoughts. Roman was not as lucky as Virgil assumed. In fact, he was a very 'unlucky creative bastard.

Virgil was so lost in thought he never noticed Roman reach out. He never acknowledged Roman at all, even when the creative one attempted to calm Virgil by rubbing his arms reassuringly. Roman knew that Virgil was struggling. He wouldn't have frozen up otherwise. What else would happen when someone who cannot express emotions goes through emotion overload? It also showed in the subtle twitches Virgil's face would make as he worked through his thoughts. Roman didn't know what to do.

"Virgil. I... I can see your struggling but... I need you to..."

'You're deaf?' Virgil didn't talk. He just stood there still staring blankly at nothing as he signed out to Roman. 'You're deaf and you didn't tell anyone?' By now the pain and guilt Virgil felt turned to anger. Not towards Roman. Towards everything Roman was going through. Today's video is one of them... Roman kept saying he could not help with Thomas's vocals. Virgil had pushed even going so far at to bring up his 'job'. If he had known he would've sided with Roman and just sucked it up and assisted Thomas instead. It must have been bad. After all, how does one help a man with his voice if he cannot hear it? 'You should have told us or at least someone. We could've helped or we... we...' Virgil's hands shook as they froze in the air. Roman quickly took his hands in his and smiled as Virgil finally looked up at him. 

"Well, I told you now. Guess that means something huh?" Virgil's eyes flashed with emotion Roman couldn't place as Virgil 'smiled' at him.

"It means you better start relying on me a bit more. You don't have to do it all alone."