17

Neither one knew when they had fallen asleep. Roman sitting there on Virgil's bed with Virgil leaning against him as they watched Disney movies. Their last one had been interrupted so they decided just to watch some in Virgil's room. 

However being woken up by the sun shining in your eyes only to once again find yourself not in your own room, slowly started becoming Roman's usual. For some reason, however, it didn't matter. Roman was content just sitting there as Virgil snuggled up into his side with a small smile on his lips.

Once again that pit hit Roman hard. A small smile was still a smile. Virgil found his soulmate and was getting better. Roman didn't know much in the way of soulmates, only what his parents told him. As the future king, Roman was told he absolutely had to find his soulmate. Of course, it was only after they all decided Remus was not fit to be king. Soulmates were not as common as most hoped. There are those out there who never actually have one. And as time went on, Roman feared he was one of them. 

He was 18 when he got chosen as Creativity... same as his brother. That means he spent 12 years searching the void for his supposed true love. All the while being a prince too... There was one time Roman had to search the entire castle for some sign of a break-in because someone somehow got in and painted a dragon on the inner wall. He absolutely hated having to destroy it but his father was adamant. In the Void dragons were seen as evil, being the creature the Dragon witch chose as her familiar. Or was it the other way around... The point is Dragons are tied to the Dragon witch and as such Father did not want it on his wall.

Even though it was a work of art. The skill and craftsmanship of it...

Just like Virgil... Roman sighed as he glanced over at the sleeping side beside him. He wondered what Virgil would have looked like in the vale. They didn't all look like Thomas before. That's not how it works. When you're chosen to become a side you go through this portal thing... It changes how you look and your age and all that to match the host. Roman actually had bright blonde hair when he was in the void. Blonde hair and green eyes... like all in the royal line have. Virgil's purple eyes always interested him. Mainly because they weren't a natural color and many times Thomas even asked why they were like that himself. 

Thomas always had a 'vision' of what his sides would look like. Patton with his blonde hair and blue eyes... Remus and Roman with their ginger hair and chocolate brown eyes... Logan with his black hair and hazel eyes... And Deceit with his light brown hair and heterochromatic silver and yellow eyes. Even Remy had a set look with his dark brown and gold eyes. But Virgil... Virgil didn't 'fit' what Thomas envisioned.

According to Thomas, Virgil was supposed to have black hair with soft green eyes. Instead, He had white hair and purple eyes. Sure everyone thinks it just dyed white because the sides of his head are black but in actuality, it's the black that's dyed. You could tell when he lets his hair go for a bit and the white starts to show up more. Virgil was a very interesting person. And Roman couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like if they met in the Void. They could have for all he knew. Virgil was actually the only person he didn't meet at the portal.

The day he found out he was creativity... er... They were creativity had been stressful. He had just turned 18 and his parents were ecstatic. Mainly over the prospect of Roman finding his love and or throwing himself into his princely duties. Like always there was to be an event. Much like the hunger games where everyone gathers up in a special area to see names being read off of a board. They learned Thomas's name and age and thing about him and his family. Eventually, it got to the reading. No one knows how people are chosen. It was a blessing bestowed by the witches before the curses and madness. 

Everyone was there... well, they were supposed to be. It wasn't like Roman could check or anything and it wasn't a law really. It was just if your name was called and you were there. You wouldn't know and then you would miss an opportunity... and the child would miss out on aside. No one could take your place if you didn't want to go. That didn't mean you had to though. Roman was surprised to know that his brother actually wanted to. Roman wanted to because he was tired of his parent's pressure. Babying and coddling Remus for his demented curse only to push and force shit on Roman regardless of his. He thought it best to be a prince elsewhere where his effort would be appreciated plus... He just wouldn't let the poor boy down. God forbid he stayed and Thomas had been left with only Remus as his creativity.