30

"That's... surprising." Roman laughed as Virgil pouted a small bit. "I mean, he was just telling me how he didn't..."

"I don't think it's surprising at all." Roman's eyes shined with awe as the two walked back to Roman's room together. "I mean... The way I see it is... it's amazing. You find out your soulmates and suddenly..." Virgil's eyes widened as Roman face filled with a sort of fondness that melted his heart. "It's like your whole world revolves around them. They make the day so much brighter and the sad parts that much better. They complete you in a way you never knew you needed. It's the most romantic thing."

"Of course you'd see it like that." Virgil laughed quietly as his hand went to his chest, a small muted, but still obvious, smile on his lips. "So... Roman-..."

"Are you going to explain to me why you were locked away for a whole week?"

"No." Roman grabbed Virgil's hand suddenly stopping the two. Virgil's eyes widened a bit seeing the pain in the other as he smiled sadly. "I'm not going to tell you, Princey, because of what's the fun in that?"

"There's nothing fun about it, Virgil. I was a mess." Virgil sighed as he started to pull Roman into his room instead of the other making Roman frown in confusion. "Virgil, I was worried about you. You locked me out again. I don't like it when you lock me out. I want to... no, I need to be able to help you if you need me." 

"I was fine, Roman. I promise. I didn't lock you out because I was upset." Roman deflated as Virgil slowly brought him to the center of his room before sitting on the floor. Roman didn't say anything. He just followed suit. "I was in my room because I was doing something that I wanted to be kept secret until I was done."

"What?" Virgil jumped up running over to his desk before pulling a box out of the larger bottom drawer. He quickly sat back down in front of Roman who was even more concerned than before. "Virgil, what exactly could you have been doing that warranted locking yourself up for a whole..."

"This." Virgil pushed the box into Roman's hands who froze up suddenly as Virgil smiled. "Open it. Please?" 

"Uh... Ok?" Roman frowned in confusion as he started to open the box only for his frown to grow. He pulled the gorgeous headphones out of the box before shooting Virgil this look. "Um... I'm confused."

"I know. It's ok. Just put them on." Roman sighed as he listened, placing them comfortably over his ears. At first, he was taken back by how quiet everything became. His eyes narrowed as it truly hit him that he hadn't had a moment of true silence in a while. His hands held the headphones closer as he smiled a bit in thought. That was until he spotted Virgil holding up this iPod. Roman's eyes went wide the moment Virgil pressed the play button. Music spilled out from the speaker's making Roman gasp in shock. Sure he wasn't 'deaf' anymore but sound wasn't sound for him. He still couldn't 'hear' anything properly but... the moment the song started playing, he could hear it. The bass, the melody... EVERYTHING. He started crying. He knew he was crying. He felt the tears drip onto his pants as he just sat there in silence holding the headphones close as he took in the song. Virgil held the iPod out for Roman who honestly didn't want to move his hands away. 

He took the headphones in his hands and choked out a broken and euphoric laugh. His eyes skimmed the many many songs on here as he shook his head.

"H-How... How is this..." Virgil winced slightly making Roman's eyes wide as his hand went to his lips. He must have spoken too loudly again. "Sorry."

'It's ok, Roman. But... This was what I was working on.' Roman's eyes went wide as Virgil took the iPod back, scrolling through the music until... Roman frowned as this new song started playing. Obviously he didn't know the music because he had never heard it before but...

"Wait, I know this song... The lyrics... This is my song but..." Roman's eyes shot up to see Virgil nodding slowly. Roman just laughed as he fell back with a beaming grin just staring up at the ceiling. "This... This is me singing. This is my voice. I sound so much like Father." Roman literally felt like was on cloud nine. "I don't understand. How is this possible? How am I... How?" Virgil laid down beside the prince who was so lost in his pure joy he almost didn't notice the sparkle in his love's eyes. "Thank you, Virgil. This... This is the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me."

"You said you missed the music." Roman's eyes went wide as he read Virgil's lips. Virgil smiled softly as he brushed Roman's hair back. "I wanted to give you it back. A man like you... should never be without song." Roman literally couldn't stop the tears that tore through him. He forced himself into the other, holding Virgil tightly, as he sobbed. He was so happy. So happy and so in love, he didn't have any other way of expressing it other than crying. Virgil was taken back at first, but slowly his hands wrapped around the prince. The two literally just laid there on the floor in each other's arms as Roman lost himself in the first bit of music he's heard since he was 6 years old.

"I mean it, Virgil." Virgil's eyes narrowed as he glanced down to see Roman nuzzling into him, his eyes closed and a loving smile playing on his lips. "This means everything to me."

"I'm just glad it worked, Roman." Virgil hummed softly creating a rumble in his chest that made Roman giggle a bit. Virgil knew he didn't know what he was saying since he was so lost in the music and wasn't reading his lips. Even still, he felt like he had to say it. He had to... He'd be the first to even if Roman wouldn't hear him. "I love you, Roman." There was this blast of magic around him sending him spiraling a bit as he gasped in shock. Roman frowned as he pulled away and pulled his headphones down a bit with this look of concern.

"What's wrong?" Virgil just smiled softly as he shook his head, his eyes glowing purple as he laughed. 

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong. Just... Just uh... forget it. So how do you like your gifts." Roman's eyes went wide as he held the iPod tightly. "Yes, Roman. You can keep them both. I'm giving them to you."

"But... the iPod too. Isn't this yours?" Virgil laughed as he shook his head. "Don't you use it? I swear you're never without your headphones. Wait... where are you..."

"You keep the iPod. It's already got music programmed into it and I'm sure there's something on there you'd enjoy." Roman's eyes narrowed in concern as he tried to hand it back.

"Virgil, I can just summon one for me. I don't need to take yours." Virgil simply rolled his eyes as he lightly pushed it back.

"Trust me, Roman. I want you to have it."