16

Roman was still just sitting there, head on the table alone, Deceit having talked Remy into giving the man some space. He just couldn't stop thinking about Virgil... the very man currently finishing up a painting for him.

He was lost. For one thing... Since the moment in his room, he's been seeing sides of the anxious man he had never seen before. On top of that, he learned about Virgil's painting... the fucking skill he possessed. Roman never knew Virgil was so... amazing? He saw the caring side. He saw the artistic side... He saw the emotional side, a side that at one point had been ignored do to Virgil's lack of expression... expression he puts into his paintings like magic. Magic...

Oh, how Roman loved the idea of magic. Even now that he's older he was still in love with the thought. Magic was its own form of art. Sure movies are not reality but the way they always seemed to portray it made ROman wish it was real. Sure, that Woman in the void was often accused of having magic. But Roman learned fairly young the lady at the carnival was not the Dragon witch... just a descendent... and did not possess her ancestor's gift.

Of course that only confused Roman because he remembers the castle in a tent so well... It had been magic. It had to have been... Nothing else could pull off that doctor who shit. At least that what he thought, or wanted to think. The only thing close to magic that Roman has seen other than that tent was... was Virgil.

He still didn't understand the anxious man's gifts. It was painfully obvious now that he had them. Remus losing his voice and freezing up... Logan's blanket flying off of him and the curtains... the tray somehow getting fully of food when there wasn't anything moments prior... Roman was so confused and curious. He wanted to know more about Virgil and just what the anxious one was capable of but more importantly...

He just wanted to get closer to him.

Virgil on the other hand... did not. At least at that moment. At that moment he was trying to sneak out of his room to go to Roman. The last thing he wanted was the prince popping up now. No... It had to be a surprise.

Well... He also had to be alone because for only the second time EVER, he was using one of the very few enchanted items he had. He had very few for himself. Paint that had a special enchantment to give off whatever effect Virgil intended for it, like glow in the dark colors or heat. He used this a lot in Deceit's wooded backdrop. Gloves, that helped to focus and channel his magic. A spellbook, he kept on his person with several different enchantments. Such as one that allowed it's size to change, or it to never run out of paper so that Virgil could always add new spells and enchantments... That skeleton key was also an item he had made just for himself.

However this one very special. Not only was the base item sentimental but the enchantment was pretty strong too. Not that many would find a use for it... A single shapeshifting unbreakable paintbrush, whos markings when putting to paper or whatever else... would also show up on the directed target.

He silently unlocked Roman's room praying the prince was not in there and sighing in relief when finding it empty. He didn't know how much time he had but he wasn't going to waste it. He waved his hand over the lock willing it to lock itself much like what he did with his own.

His anxiety was kicking him hard in the ass as he carefully set his bag and stuff down. Glancing around the room he was at a loss. Roman didn't have much in the way of free wall space. And as much easy as it would be to rearrange everything, This was not Virgil's room to mess with. Ok then... Virgil thought to himself as he smiled as he looked up. Roman might not have much in the way of wall space... but he was an entire ceiling to work with.

Virgil set up his easel fast already knowing what he wanted to do and grinned as he grabbed his enchanted paint out of his bag. Unlike with Deceit, Roman would know it was him. Part of him hated that because... well, what if Roman didn't like it? But even still he found himself painting on his canvas, immediately getting lost in the color.