22

"Tell him how I feel?" Virgil nodded as Deceit narrowed his eyes in confusion. "So... who is it you've been getting close to?" Virgil chuckled lightly as he rolled his eyes. "I'm serious, Virgil."

"No one." Dee took the anxious one's hand making Virgil freeze up. His eyes narrowed and Dee's expression when stern. "I haven't been getting close to anyone. I mean... Princey and I have reached a sort of... Friendship?" Deceit's eyes shot wide as Virgil laughed. "I guess technically I have been getting along better with Roman, but... we're just friends."

"I thought he already found his soulmate?" Virgil froze up looking away as Deceit sighed. "Hey, you don't have to worry about me. If it's something he doesn't want shared I'm totally going to push for an anwser." Virgil sighed as he bit his lip anxiously and frowned. "Virgil... How close have you been getting..."

"I told you were just friends." Virgil snapped making Deceit jump as he shook his head. "Out of everyone here, I'm the least likely to get a fucking soulmate. Remus even has a higher chance and his makes it damn near impossible."

"What you talking about..." Virgil tensed as he quickly went to cover his mouth only to see Deceit shock filled eyes. "Virgil... It sounded as if you were saying Remus doesn't have a soulmate... as if you already know."

Roman sighed as he looked around his room now that Virgil was gone and he just deflated. Virgil was expressing himself. It was getting more and more obvious as time went on. Roman actually wanted to cry. He knew it wasn't instant. He's seen some people find each other so he knew that much. He was aware that just finding your soulmate wasn't all there was but... He never once thought it even remotely possible for them to be soulmates. They've known and been around each other for 20 years. Surely if they were soulmates they would have broken their curse already. His mind kept going to Logan. His blood burned with painful rage. Logically, ugggh, he even hated the word... Logically, he knew the same principle must apply to him. They've known each other even longer than 20 years, yet they still are cursed. However, princey's jealous mind couldn't get past the pain he felt watching Virgil interact with logic. The way the two were so close... the way Virgil said he loved him...

 Roman grabbed a picture off of his shelf and chucked it at the wall. He flinched slightly at the buzz that resounded in his ears making his head hurt and he sighed. He couldn't take it anymore. He didn't know what to believe. He was lost over what was happening to him... hurt over Virgil... and just plainly confused. He didn't understand what he was feeling. He just didn't kno... There was a knock at the door. Or at least Roman realized that was what the second buzzing was when he turned to find the door lit up. Roman shook his head slightly covering his ears with his hands as he tried to get his head to stop and calm down. The door lit up again and Roman grumbled. 

"What do you..." Roman froze up instantly the moment the door opened to reveal his brother standing there. "Remus?" 

"H-Help..." Remus winced as he pressed a hand to his temple. "Please?"

"After what you pulled with Virgil, I don't think..." Roman claimed up the moment Remus's eyes met his. Guilt pulled at his chest seeing the green in his eyes as Remus shook. "Remus, what's going on?"

"I-I need a distraction... It w-won't stop. I can't..." Remus hugged himself letting his messy sweat-slicked hair fall in front of his darkened and bruised looking eyes. "Roman, please. You're the only one who'd understand. I can't... stop it." Roman's blood went cold seeing the tears start to fall down his brother's cheeks. 'I need you, brother.' Roman quickly pulled Remus in sitting him down on the couch and summoning a teddy bear which Remus took gratefully.

"Remus, talk to me. What's going on?"

"M-My curse Roman." Roman's eyes went wide as Remus cried and held the bear tightly. "The voices won't stop. They won't... I'm trying. I am. I'm trying not to... but they just won't let up."

"Remus?"

"I know you think I'm evil." Remus chuckled sadly seeing the way his brother paled. "I guess in a way I am. I don't... I don't understand my own head, Roman. Voices yell at me day and night. Do this. Say that. Wouldn't it be funny if you jump out of a moving car?" Remus winced as he shook his head and squeezed the bear tighter. "I'm not good at holding myself back. Most of the time I don't... want to do these things Roman. I just can't... stop myself."

"What are you talking about?" Roman sat down beside his brother who was breaking right there in front of him for the first time ever, to be honest. "Remus, what are you..."

"I don't want to hurt him, Ro. I don't want to hurt anyone, but my head wont shut up and I can feel myself slipping. Like at the table... w-with Virgil." Roman's eyes went wide as Remus frowned. "My head wouldn't stop. Virgil was an unknown factor. What could he do? How could he do it? I keep thinking back to when we were named... His name... VonAnderson? My head screamed to see if it was true. To break him..." Roman flinched as he clenched his fist but the look in Remus's eyes kept him from talking. "I went to far. I knew I was going to far. Teasing and shit that one thing but fucking with his head? I can't..."

"What are you trying so hard not to do?" Remus shook his head as he flung himself into his brother and cried. Roman was just left stunned.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I know you hate me. I know you think I enjoy this. I'm not stupid, Ro. I know what I do. I know have and WILL do shitty fucked up stuff... I-I can't help it. I don't... please. I need help." Roman wrapped his arms around Remus as the boy cried. He knew Remus thought he couldn't hear him and in all honesty, he didn't think he actually was. It was distorted and muffled, he was just guessing what was being said at this point. "I need you. I need help. I'm never going to get out of this. I'll never be free... I don't have a soulmate. I'm trying... I'm trying to go one... to accept that this is who I am... but I don't want to be like this forever."

"It's ok, Remus." Roman tensed as he felt his brother latch onto him. "I'm your brother. I won't just abandon you."

"What you talking about..." Virgil tensed as he quickly went to cover his mouth only to see Deceit shock filled eyes. "Virgil... It sounded as if you were saying Remus doesn't have a soulmate... as if you already know."

"It's not that he doesn't..." Virgil sighed as he let his hand drop and met Deceit's eyes with sorrow filled expression. One that despite was muted hit the snake so hard he started to cry. "Remus's cursed is his own intrusive thoughts. The man's literally cursed to be demented. Even if the world was kind enough to give the man a soulmate chances are neither one would ever find love in each other." Deceit gasped as Virgil's eyes fell to the floor. "Remus with cursed with something that no one could ever truly feel for. I'm sure he's already aware of that. Roman mentioned his family seeking out answers for Remus." Virgil tensed as he hugged himself tightly. "It's extremely likely that Remus will NEVER break his curse."

"Jesus..." Virgil only nodded.

"Which is all the more reason for you and Remy to celebrate what you have... now that you've found it." Virgil smiled slimly as he brushed Deceit's hair out of his eyes. "Trust me, Dee... things are going to work out. You just have to be patient." Dee nodded as Virgil started to get up with a stretch. "Also be prepared for Remy to be narcoleptic. As the curse lessens his body will make him sleep at random times. You might need to talk to him about some precautions. I want him to be safe ok?" 

"Ok Virgil... thank you."