24

Virgil frowned as he stood there in the hallway lost in thought. He couldn't get what Dee said out of his head. Virgil's eyes narrowed slightly as he stared down at his hand. Dee was so adamant about his 'getting closer' to someone. As if he knew something that Virgil did not... Virgil sighed as he shook his head. Obviously, it was all pointless. The only person he had gotten any closer with was Roman. But that was silly... They were just friends. They were just...

"I miss the music. After that day there was no sound at all. I couldn't hear anything." Virgil tensed as his mind brought him back to his and Roman's conversation. The look in Roman's eyes... it tore at him. Virgil narrowed his eyes as he just stood there thinking. "I did so much research about how some deaf people can still hear in certain situations but nothing I did worked." Virgil knew he wanted to do something. No, he NEEDED to do something... ANYTHING to help lessen it all."My curse took sound away completely." The way Roman's eyes lit up at the concert hall... Virgil wanted to see that again. He wanted to see Roman happy. He wanted to see his smile when he finally heard music."I would give anything to be able to hear even just one song." Virgil's heart broke for the man in more ways than he was even truly aware of. Maybe Cassidy was right... Maybe he had gotten closer to Roman. Maybe he actually started to feel for him... All Virgil knew was he wanted to make Roman's wish a reality. "I want to hear music again."

"Don't worry, Roman." Virgil smiled softly as he pushed himself off the wall walking off to complete his goal. "You will."

"Fuck!" Roman yelled out as he tossed a pillow at the wall. He was pissed. Well pissed at himself but still. He was concerned. That was the FIRST time Remus had ever shown him any vulnerability. He saw a side to his brother he didn't know existed. He collapsed onto his bed and just curled up, his eyes shut tight as he tried to sift through his thoughts. He still hadn't gotten over everything he saw. It was alot. 

The intrusive thoughts he had had... even for such a short amount of time... it hurt. It seriously hurt. He felt the tears falling down his cheeks as he cried silently. It was all too much. He needed help. He had to think but he couldn't think because his mind was still reeling. He didn't know what he needed but he knew he needed something. He had to focus on something that...

His eyes slowly opened catching something he hadn't seen before. He stared, completely frozen, at this painting on the wall. His eyes narrowed as his tears fell even harder. It was him. No... It was the angel from Virgil's wall. Roman pushed himself up not even bothering to wipe his tears as he walked over and laughed. He actually gave him a copy. Roman's fingers grazed the canvas and he beamed. He could feel his heart race at the mere thought that his emo nightmare had actually made him...

Wait...

Roman frowned in confusion as he forced himself to look away from the painting. As much as he longed to continue his gazing at the amazing artwork, his mind had latched onto something else. Something he hadn't entirely noticed until it came just so easy in thought. Something he never thought he would have actually said or thought of but in that moment felt so right. 

HIS  emo nightmare...

Roman gasped out as he leaned against the bed with broken realization. The awe just over the fact that he had thought it. Its immense surprise but gut-twisting joy over it feeling right... Roman was in shock. His emo nightmare...

Had he gotten so close to the man that he actually started to feel for him? Had he actually started to get so attached that he would lay claim? He didn't know if he could put it to words. He didn't want to put it to words. Not yet. He simply laid down and cried in pure euphoria. His eyes met with the darkened ceiling and everything just shut down. A stary sky filled with galaxies and color all shaped to form his logo... Roman was sure if he wasn't yet...

It was only a matter of time till he fell head over heels.

"Maybe I should just go fuck a pop-tart." Remus growled as he sipped his vanilla milkshake. "Its a lot let stress than dealing with all this bull shit."

"That's quite the statement." Emile smiled softly as he held his chocolate shake close. "What exactly is so stressing?"

"Everything!" Remus whined loudly as he continued to suck on his straw. "I'm trying to hold back my curse while also keeping my distance cause nobody fucking likes me and I KNOW I'd only cause shit. Now my brother supposedly found his forever fuck toy and I'm left here picking of the semen covered mess that is my own madness."

"That's alot of... sex imagery." Emile frowned as Remus sighed sadly. "Remus?"

"I'm lonely." Remus laughed sadly as he looked out the window. "Maybe that's it? Maybe I'm just lonely?"

"It's ok to be lonely. Not everyone has it so easy. Heck... I know despite my curse I am very well off." Remus frowned as Emile took his hand. His eyes darted down to see Emile holding it and his eyes narrowed. There was just something about the action that took him by surprise. Remus was used to people's pity. He was used to people coddling him and treating him like a broke wind up doll. A complement machine from We Happy Few that glitched out, spewing disgust instead of rainbows. Yet... here was this man holding his hand as if he was a normal person. A person... who he actually could be friends with. "Oh, Ray..." Remus's eyes darted up to see the tears streaming down from underneath his glasses making Remus twinge with guilt. "We are friends. I don't think you're broken at all." Remus simply smiled as he went back to his milkshake.

"That makes one of us at least."