28

"Virgil?" Virgil stood there with his usually muted expression as Remy just sighed and let the other in. "I take it this is about Dee?"

"No... this is about you." Remy laughed as he laid down on his new bed with a curt laugh. "Remy, what happened?"

"I don't know." Remy groaned as he flailed about childishly. "I don't know. I just... I don't remember much... it's all foggy and blurred. Like my mind wasn't... wasn't able to fully latch on to anything." Remy's eyes darkened as Virgil sat down beside him. "I remember him saying I fell asleep though. I think I snapped at him."

"Why haven't you spoken to him then?" Remy tensed as Virgil shot him this look. "Don't you miss him?"

"Don't you think I want to? Of course, I want to Virgil. I've wanted to go find him since all of it happened but I can't." Remy sat himself up with a depressed laugh as he just stared at his hands. "He said I was sleeping. I've thought about it. When I was calm enough too. I thought about it but... It just couldn't be possible. I couldn't have slept. My curse..."

"Remy, Deceit was in a panic." Remy's eyes slowly met with Virgil's only to crash seeing the pain in his friend's eyes. "He was panic bad because he didn't know what was going on with you. He refused to believe you were just sleeping because he knew what your curse was."

"Than why would he say..."

"Because Logan and I both said you were." Remy's eyes went wide as Virgil smiled thinly. "Deceit came to me after Logan had told him to. He was a mess, Remy. Scared because you had just dropped on him. He didn't know what was going on. You were passed out." Virgil's eyes narrowed as he leaned closer for emphasis. "...sleeping, Remy. You were sleeping."

"But that's impossible."

"Regardless, it happened." Remy jumped up and started to pace as Virgil just sat there watching him. "Remy?"

"Virgil, it doesn't make any sense." Remy rubbed his arms as he tried to work through his thoughts. "I never let myself get close to anyone. Sure I have friends but I NEVER let myself feel romantically for anyone. I was... AM terrified." Virgil sighed softly as Remy started to cry. "What if I fell for someone who wasn't my soulmate? What if I don't even have one? I didn't want to risk it, Virgil. Eventually, I just stopped leaving the mind palace altogether."

"Remy I'm going to ask you a question." Remy froze up in place as Virgil smiled softly at him. "You don't have to answer me, but I want you to think really hard and acknowledge if there is an answer, ok?" Remy nodded as Virgil's eyes narrowed slightly. "Who can't you live without?" It was instantaneous. The moment the words left Virgil's lips Remy's eyes shot wide. "I take it it wasn't hard to answer at all then."

"No... No, he can't... He can't be. We're just friends. Virgil, we're friends. I don't love him. I wouldn't let myself." Virgil jumped up taking Remy's hands as the man started to spiral badly.

"You don't have to love him now, Remy. The fact that you care is enough for now." Remy's eyes filled with tears and pain as Virgil brushed his hair back. "The act of finding a soulmate is in finding love in them. You don't have to love them right off the bat. It's about falling for them as time goes on. You don't HAVE to love him right now..." Remy was shaking as Virgil squeezed his hands hoping to help ground him. "...you just have to try."

"But... Dee?" Virgil's eyes lit up as Remy stepped back. "Dee's my... I don't understand. I don't... I never thought Dee would be... would be my..."

"Remy, try to think about it this way." Virgil pointed over at Remy making the man tense as Virgil laughed. "Don't think of it as Dee being your soulmate... Think of it as You are Dee's." Remy froze up, his eyes wide in shock as Virgil slowly sat down on the bed again. A small smile flitted onto Remy's face as his tears fell harder. 

"I'm... I'm Dee's soulmate. I'm the reason he's telling the truth?" Virgil nodded as Remy practically collapsed onto the bed with this smile that just could not portray all the emotions Remy had t that moment. "I never even... We were just friends. Really really close friends... I never...."

"You need to talk to him, Remy." Remy's eyes shot up in realization as Virgil got up to leave. "You both need to talk things out."

"But..."

"You'll be fine. Please, talk to him?" Remy nodded as Virgil started for the door.

"So who's your soulmate?" Virgil froze hand out towards the door as he slowly looked back to see Remy smirking. "Oh, come now, Babes. You didn't think I wouldn't notice. We're friends hun. And you sir... have been smiling."

"You're the 3rd person to ask me that but..." Virgil's eyes darkened as his brows furrowed. "I don't know what you guys are talking about." Remy laughed as he walked over to his dresser. "I haven't been getting closer to anyone. I haven't met anyone new." Virgil couldn't stop the way he smiled as his mind went to Roman. His whole face seemed to light up as Remy started to walk over with something in his hand. "I mean... I do have a new friend but that's it. We've just been hanging out a lot and..." Remy held up a hand mirror catching Virgil's attention who noticed the bright and wide smile he before it fell in shock. Tears spilled from Virgil's eyes instantly. Which shocked Virgil tremendously. His fingers brushed the tears as Remy giggled. 

"So... who was it you've been hanging out with?" Virgil was in pure shock. He was just standing there in silence as Remy beamed. "Because, babes... I'm pretty sure that 'new friend'  of yours is your soulmate. So..." Virgil's eyes met his as he started to smile again, so full of relief. "Who is it?"

"Roman."