14

"Virgil, open the door please." Roman didn't knock. There was no point. knocking would only do as much as talking and it wasn't like he could hear a response. Even still, he pressed his forehead against the dark wood with a tightening in his chest as he hoped Virgil was listening. "Virgil, please. It was my fault. I'm not mad. Just open up."

"NO!" Virgil screamed out knowing full well Roman couldn't hear him. "I'm dangerous. And that's not even talking about my second gift. I'm literally fight or flight... JUST GO AWAY!" Virgil whipped his hand through the air creating a strong blast to slam into the wall startling the Prince, who fell back in shock. "Please... please just... don't..." Regardless Virgil still found the door opening. Roman stood there holding a key with this look in his eyes... one already beginning to swell and darken. The creative man sighed as he let the key vanish back to the nothingness it was created out of. Virgil narrowed his eyes. "Why won't you leave me ALONE?!"

"I'm stubborn." Roman walked over and sat next to Virgil careful not to touch him as the man shook beside him. "I care..."

'Well, stop caring!' Virgil signed quick and fast in a way that showed he was angry causing Roman to look at the man in confusion. Virgil had never shown any emotion other than in his eyes... 'You don't need to worry about me. You should be focusing on yourself. AND YOU FUCKING EYE!'

"Virgil, I am fine. I've been in my fair share of fights." Roman laughed a bit as he shook his head. He found it a bit funny that he was injured so easily by the weakest looking side in the mind palace. Then again, Roman knew better than anyone that looks can be deceiving... actually no. If anyone knew about deceiving principles better than anyone it was Deceit. "I'm not just a Prince, Vee... I'm a knight. Not even the dreaded Dragon witch could hurt me... much." Virgil flinched unbeknownst to Roman who was smiling away as he went on trying to cheer the darker side up. "In fact, I bet she or her descendant could do much to me. I'm as strong as silver... ok maybe not, but you get the idea. Right?"

"Trust me, Princey... The dragon witch could do so much..." Virgil frowned as he looked down at the crystal around his neck. "He just doesn't want too."

"What was that? Sorry, I wasn't looking." Virgil frowned as he clenched his fists tightly at his side.

"I said... I-I said go away." Roman's smile fell as he watched Virgil look away, purposely so Roman couldn't read his lips. "I don't want to hurt you... I can't..."

"Virgil, I promise I'm ok." Virgil shook his head as he curled up into himself. Roman was getting worried again. "Let's go out, huh? There really isn't much to do and... Maybe Thomas could let us explore the outside world? Or maybe we could go into the imagination? Whatever you want just... let's get out of this room... please?" Virgil wanted to scream.

'No.' Roman sighed getting up off the bed and walking around oblivious to Virgil's eyes watching him as he did. Roman was taking his room in. He needed to calm down but he couldn't leave Virgil, not in the state the other was in. Virgil tensed up as Roman flat out froze up after turning around. Roman stood there staring at these bookshelves noticing something was off. Big time off... They were big enough to cover most of the wall but he could definitely see something silver poking out from behind the wall. "ROMAN NO!" Virgil shot up in shock the moment Roman reached out towards one of the shelves. Obviously, the creative side didn't hear him, carefully pushing the shelf enough to see he was right... there was something behind it. He could see what looked like a painted sword and his interest had been peaked. "Shit."

"Hey, Virge, why do you have..." Roman looked back to see Virgil staring at him, fear etched into his eyes and he frowned. "What's wrong?"

'Nothing. Nothing's wrong, Roman.' He wasn't very convincing. Roman still had his hands on the shelf making the darker side anxious. He had that hidden for a reason. He would have gotten rid of it if it wasn't for the fact that he put so much effort into it. He just didn't want anyone to see it and Roman was second away from doing just that. What would he say? He would hate it. Who was Virgil kidding, Roman would hate him the moment he saw it. 'You said you wanted to go out?' He was desperate. "Th-then let's go... O-Ok? Like right now."