21

"Virgil, thank god!" Deceit cried as he literally dragged Virgil down the hall. "I really don't know what happened. We're weren't just talking about me and then he just dropped." Virgil narrowed his eyes as he listened carefully. "Remy had noticed I was being honest and was asking me who I'd met but..." Deceit froze up as he looked over at Virgil with narrowed eyes. "Virgil, the only person I've hung out with for years now has been him."

"It's ok, Dee." Virgil rubbed his thumb over Deceit's hand supportively as he smiled softly. Deceit's eyes widened seeing the 'smile' as Virgil sighed. "Tell me what happened to Remy. Actually... you should explain what his curse it first."

"He can't physically sleep." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Deceit led him off again this time not bothering to drag him along. "His body can't sleep but he has these off periods where his body just crashed. It's like his body shuts down but he's not'asleep. More like frozen."

"So what happened when he..." Deceit bit his lip as he stopped in front of Remy's door. 

"He looked exhausted, Virgil. I didn't understand what was going on. He didn't lean against the wall... he just dropped. It was like any possible energy he had vanished in an instant." Deceit shook as he opened the door to reveal Remy literally draped over the couch about to fall over, in such a way Virgil had to choke back a laugh. "Dammit, Remy."

"Hey, don't judge... You like to sleep in snake form." Deceit glared over at the other who just chuckled a bit before walking in and looking the sleeping side over. "Well... Logan was right about one thing." Virgil smiled as he grabbed a cloth and wiping Remy's face of any drool. "He's asleep."

"HOW?!" Virgil just chuckled again as he tossed the cloth into the air only for it to turn into a bird and fly out the window. "Jesus, Virgil. What the fuck was that?"

"We aren't talking about me." Virgil rested his hand over Remy's forehead and frowned at the slight fever. "You said his curse is about sleep right? Well obviously if he's asleep it means he's found his soulmate." Virgil cocked his brow over at Dee who just frowned in confusion. "I'd say the same for you, Dee."

"But Remy refused to go out and look for his soulmate. In fact, he's oh so happy when I ask him to." Virgil rolled his eyes as snapped and the couch shifted and changed until it was a proper bed. Remy probably felt he never needed a proper bed due to his curse. Virgil felt he had to fix that. Dee bit his lip anxiously as Virgil fixed Remy's position and carefully tucked him in. 

"Dee, just simply finding your soulmate does nothing." Deceit's eyes widened as Virgil sat down on the bed gesturing for the snake to sit beside him. Dee sighed as he slowly made his way over only to frown at Virgil's small smile. "You could know your soulmate for decades and still not be any closer to breaking your curse."

"But how..."

"It's about feelings, Dee. The curse only starts to break the closer you get. The stronger you feel for them, the more your curse lessens." Deceit's eyes widened as Virgil's small smile grew a tad bit more. "You love Remy, don't you?" Deceit only nodded. "Dee..." Virgil took the snakes hand and for the first time Deceit could see just how much Virgil cared for them all. The soft and happy expression, yes expression, Virgil had lit the room. "You ARE Remy's soulmate."

"No... No, I can't be. I can't be." Virgil laughed softly as he shook his head. "Why would you think..."

"Dee, you love him. If it wasn't him you wouldn't be able to tell the truth."

"BUT HE ONLY NOW FELL ASLEEP!" Virgil didn't even flinch as Deceit started to tear up. "If he's my soulmate, why didn't his curse start lessening when mine did?"

"Simple. You said he didn't want one. It's about feelings Dee. If he's adamant about not finding one, he'll deny his feeling for as long as humanly possible. Fortunately... you can't deny forever." Deceit's eyes started to widen as Virgil rolled his eyes playfully. "Remy must finally be seeing how much he actually cares for you. And if he's noticed you're being honest... It very well could be that he got jealous."

"How does that..." Virgil shot him a look making Dee clam up as he looked over at Remy.

"Jealously is very powerful, Dee. If he thinks you found someone else it's gonna hurt. He'll start to wonder why it hurts and then he'll start to notice how close you two are. You guys are in a committed relationship and you don't even realize it." Dee frowned as Virgil sighed. "My mother once said that the curse is never truly broken until both parties say 'I love you' because the act of acknowledging your emotions brings you closer together. Its the confession that ties two people together. Just like the vows at a wedding..." Deceit's eyes darkened as Virgil carefully placed his hand on top of Remys. "Tell him how you feel. Even if he doesn't say it back... Even if he doesn't know how he feels yet... Tell him."

"I... I can't." Virgil pulled Deceit in letting his magic branch out until Deceit could literally see the room shine and shimmer. His eyes went wide as Virgil held onto him tightly.

"Not everyone gets a soulmate, Dee. There are so many out there who'll never get this opportunity. I might never get this opportunity." Dee frowned as Virgil smiled softly. "Don't let your fear stop you from being with the one you love... the one meant for you."

"He doesn't want a..."

"He could just be scared, Dee." Virgil pulled away and wiped the tears from his friend's eyes. "You'll never know if you don't try."

"What if he doesn't want to be with me?" Virgil's eyes flashed as he looked away. "Virgil, what if it isn't me?"

"You have to trust that he is. But... If he isn't..." Virgil brushed Dee's hair back before squeezing the snake's hand. "I'll be here for you, Dee. You aren't alone. None of us are. I promise."