29

"Roman? What are you doing here?" Roman frowned seeing just how puffy Deceit's eyes were and he sighed. 

"I was hoping we could talk?" Deceit's eyes narrowed in confused execution as Roman scratched his neck. "I know we don't really uh... I wanted to see if I could help with anything."

"Sure, Yeah... You can totally help me with my soulmate breaking my heart in to. I'm so glad your here." Roman laughed softly as he shook his head making Deceit groan in annoyance.

"I'm not here to tell you what you should or shouldn't do with Remy. I'm here... because I understand... in part." 

"And what exactly could you possibly understand about..."

"Loving someone and not being able to help them." Deceit froze up eyes wide as Roman shifted a bit in anxiety. "Wanting to be with someone who just... doesn't at the time or is hurt and...  and... and won't let you help them regardless of how much you're trying to get them to see you care and just want to help and..." Roman snapped back to reality the moment he felt a hand to his arm and he laughed. "Sorry. I sorta zoned out there. The point is I can understand... in part, as I said."

"Sure... Come in." Roman beamed as Deceit slowly made his way to his bed. Roman's eyes immediately went to the wood mural and he laughed. It was obvious now, who had painted it. Who else paints as good as him? It made it all that more special knowing he had done it. Roman just sighed happily as he sat down on the couch with a soft smile. Deceit simply squirmed a slight bit before groaning and just staring off in some random direction.

"So Remy's your soulmate?" Deceit curled up into himself as Roman just laughed. "I'm happy for two dudes. I am. You guys are... well it would make sense."

"He hates me." Roman shook his head as he laid himself back on the couch with a soft breath.

"No, he doesn't. He's confused, mad, and scared. He just doesn't understand. That doesn't mean he hates you." Deceit frowned as he just watched Roman carefully. The prince's eyes kept darting over to him as if making sure of something but for the most part he was just laying there staring at the ceiling.

"Roman, what's your curse?" Roman's face paled as he looked over at Deceit, swallowing his fear.

"What?" Deceit sighed softly as he pushed himself up so Roman could see him better.

"I didn't ask what your curse was." Roman whined slightly as he ran a hand through his hair. "Virgil never told me what it was but he accidentally let it slip that you had one. I thought you found your soulmate."

"He did?"

"Not really. He didn't say you two have been spending more time together. I sort of uh... realized it on my own." Roman's eyes narrowed in confusion as Deceit frowned.

"From just that? How does us becoming friends have anything to do with my curse?" Deceit's eyes widened a bit as Roman rubbed his ear lightly before looking away. "It doesn't matter. We aren't talking about me, Dee. We're talking about you."

"Maybe I want to talk about myself. Please? I don't want to think about anything right now. I just... I want to focus on something else." Roman chuckled as he nodded. "What's your curse? You don't have to tell me but..."

"I can't hear." Deceit's eyes shot wide as Roman smiled. "I lost my hearing when I was 6. Virgil found out and... things just sort of... took off from there."

"Do you love him?" Roman frowned as he slowly sat up. Deceit's eyes shined as Roman got really sad. "Roman, do you love Virgil?"

"Of course I do." Roman gasped slightly as this jolt went down his spine. His eyes filled with confusion as Deceit beamed. "What... what the hell..."

"Don't focus on that right now. You just said you loved Virgil." Roman smiled sadly as he laid back.

"It doesn't matter. Virgil will find the man he's meant to be with and I'll just have to be content with being his friend."

"But Roman, you're hi..."

"You seemed to be happier now?" Roman laughed as he cut Deceit off, who just groaned. They'll figure it out on their own eventually... At least Deceit hoped so. "I guess you just only really needed a distraction."

"I don't know, Roman." Roman simply smiled until this loud banging echoed through the room making him flinch bad. Deceit's eyes filled with concern as Roman whimpered slightly holding his ears to block the sound out. It wasn't even that loud but to Roman, in that moment it was the loudest thing ever. Deceit jumped up, running over to the door only to freeze up the moment he spotted Remy on the other side with his hand up as if about to knock still. Virgil stood there behind him with a soft smile. "What... wait... I'm not confused. What are you doing here, Remy?"

"I uh... I came to talk. If... If you want to that is?" Deceit smiled softly as he nodded only to jump at the sound of a breathy groan from the couch. All three men glanced back to see Roman standing up as he rubbed his ears and glared over at them. His eyes met with Virgil and all that anger just... vanished. He smiled as he shook his head hoping to get the ringing to go away as he laughed. 

"I take it your mission was a success?" Virgil rolled his eyes with a smirk as Roman made his way over. "I honestly just laid there." Virgil punched his arm lightly as Roman laughed. "Hey, I got him to smile so that works."

"Roman?" Remy's eyes went from the prince to Virgil many times before this smile filled his features. He could see it. He could see the way Roman looked at Virgil. He could see the connection. Roman frowned in confusion as Remy grabbed his hand and quiet literally threw him into Virgil who caught him no problem. "Why don't you two go make yourself busy?" Remy winked as he walked into the room with a laugh. "Dee and I have some making out to do?"

"Don't you mean making up?" Remy smirked brighter making Deceit's cheeks flush as the other kissed his cheek softly.

"I know what I said."