7

Patton was sitting there on the couch bored out of his mind usual. After everything that had happened over dinner, he wanted some nice family time with the others Unfortunately, he couldn't ask Remy and Deceit because they were helping Thomas out. He had tried to ask Roman but the poor kiddo was so worried he couldn't even focus enough to read Patton's signing and that has always been easier for Roman to understand. Then he thought of asking Virgil but the moment he went to knock all he felt was this intense fear, so he decided against it. So after all that he found himself sitting on the couch watching Mulan all alone. That was until someone walked in front of his line of sight.

"Patton? Is everything alright?" Logan stood there looking down at the moral man as they clutched a throw pillow close to their chest. Patton didn't even bother to sign. He did really think it mattered. Logan was never one for social interaction before, besides he knew Logan didn't care. He couldn't care. "Why are you alone? Normally you're with someone else." Logan narrowed his eyes in an almost concern as Patton shook his head.

'Busy...' Logan sighed as he took his glasses off before running a hand down his face. He's learned that an emotional and or upset Patton was never a good thing for Thomas. Plus the moral side is usually never alone. He was of those people that thrived on company. He was a child at heart after all, and a family man on top of that. Logan knew he would have to remedy the problem and soon. And considering he can't force anyone to actually hang out with Patton, He supposed he would have to do it himself. Logan came to a quick decision as he carefully sat down on the couch only for Patton to shoot him his signature confused face. Logan withheld the groan that wanted to bubble up as he did not want to make matters worse. He was just going to have to bear with Patton's quirks until the man is a bit happier. 'Logan.'

"I am willing to spare a moment and give you some of my time, if you would be content enough with my company in place of the others." Patton's eyes went wide for only a moment before they lit up with joy. After all, Logan had never been ok with hanging out before and Patton was not going to miss this opportunity. He jumped up off the couch pulling over a chair and table as Logan watch with curious eyes. As Patton rummaged through the gaming cabinet for a game, in particular, Logan was starting to worry. Just what did the moral man have planned? Had it been a mistake? Logan wasn't one for childish antics after all and he's only really ever seen the 'child' side of Patton. When he spotted Patton coming back over he looked up only to freeze slightly at the game he had in his hands. "Chess?" Patton only nodded. "You want to play chess... with me?" This was the first time anyone actually wanted to go against logic in anything strategic or thought based. He couldn't even get any of them to play word association. Most of the time they were all trying to get him to play their mindless video games. "Are you sure? Chess against Logic?"

'Why not? Don't you like chess?' Patton was already setting everything up with a smile on his face. Logan was intrigued. 'Or was I wrong?'

"No. You were right. I do like chess. It's not my 'favorite' game but it does pass the time quite nicely." Logan frowned slightly as he watched Patton place the pieces on the checkered board. "I was simply asking if you were positive that you wanted to play such a game against me, considering my advantage." Patton just smiled as he sat down across the from Lo and just stared at the white pieces before him. Logan was sure he was going to win easily. He was Logic after all. Patton was morality... emotions... emotional. Logan had grown to believe emotions hindered all the others. It was a 'faulty' logic indeed, however, it was all Logan had known considering the manner of his own curse. Patton didn't take it to heart. In fact, he found it very funny. The idea that Logic held himself in higher regard due to a simple fact of a lack of feelings made Patton laugh. He also found his thoughts to be funny as well. "Well, alright then. If this is indeed what you wish to do, then who am I to veto such a chance as this?" Patton had a plan.