23

"Talk to me." Roman held Remus close as the other twin shook terribly. He could feel the way Remus tensed up and he sighed. "I want to help, Ray... But I need to know everything. I can't help you if I don't know what going on." 

"I... I can't... It's hard to explain." Roman frowned as Remus pulled away, his eyes never losing that dark green tint to them. "It might just be better to show you but... I-I don't wanna put..." Remus froze up as Roman took his hand with a serious look. "Are you sure? It's not good Roman. It's really not good. Mine isn't like what I've done..."

"I have to know, Remus." Remus sighed as he gripped his hands tightly. He could that familiar dark pull on his mind but it was clear Remus was holding back. "Ray..."

"Fight it." Roman's eyes went wide as Remus's voice went deep. Their eyes met again and Roman was taken back by the pure green he was met with. "Whatever you do... You fucking fight it. Do NOT let me in." Roman nodded as Remus swallowed his anxiety. "I'm sorry." 

It was like something snapped. His eyes filled with tears as all these thoughts filled his head. He practically clawed at Remus's hand as he struggled to ground himself. Dark images... Visions of them all kept playing on repeat. Roman gasped as he found himself staring at Virgil. Obviously it wasn't real. He knew it wasn't real but what he saw looked it. Virgil looked... Well honestly Roman wanted to say hot, what with his hoodie gone and his white hair slicked with sweat. His purple eyes shining with pure malice didn't even deter Roman who was lost but at the same time, Roman could see where this was heading. 

He gripped Remus's hand even tighter as Virgil lashed out at him. Roman flinched making Remus tense with concern as Virgil vanished. Words whispered in Roman's mind. Accusatory... begging, poking, prodding... So many things Roman couldn't keep up. If Logan can't feel emotions can he still feel pain? If Patton can't make sound does that mean he can't scream if someone tortures him? What exactly is Virgil? Who is he? How can he snap? Will Virgil curse everyone... can he curse himself.

Roman couldn't breathe. It was getting harder and hard to push the thoughts away. It wrapped around him... constituting him... he couldn't breathe!

"Remus..." The darker twin jumped a bit as Roman cried silently beside. "Re... Rem...us. Can't... Can't take it. I can't..." Suddenly everything went quiet sending Roman reeling as he curled up into himself. His eyes went to his brother and he broke down even more. "Does that... EVER shut up?" Remus simply shook his head making Roman sob harder as he leaned into his brother for support. "That fucking... that... fuck... sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." Remus frowned as he hugged his brother tightly.

"What are you sorry about? It's nothing compared to what you go through. Roman, I just have nasty thoughts... you lost sound completely. You..." Roman shook his head as he pushed himself up with a smile.

"But I didn't." Remus's eyes went wide as Roman laughed. "I am still VERY confused but... I didn't lose sound. I... at least not anymore. I..."

"You can hear?" Roman shook his head as he looked away. "Roman, you just said you can hear." Roman smiled as he turned away completely. Remus was starting to freak out. "Roman, I swear to god. You can't say something like that. Can you hear or not? When did it start? Who the fuck is your soulmate?"

"Depends right now it's just a buzz for the most part. I really couldn't tell you when. And I have absolutely no idea who it is." Remus clammed up as Roman looked back at him with a smile. "But yeah... I can hear ish... Not well. Barely at all. I think. I don't. Remus, I'm lost and confused."

"You found your soulmate... you found your..." Roman frowned as Remus's eyes darkened. "You were always going to but... I guess I don't know. It was wrong to even think it. Then again everything I think is wrong. Everything... I'm sorry. I should go."

"Remus, wait..." Remus hesitated only slightly as he took a breath. Roman tried to reach out for him but Remus blinked out of existence... Well technically he sunk out but he prefers the term teleported. It makes it seem like he had another power when he doesn't.

Remus found himself standing there in the imagination and he broke down in a fit of erratic and insane laughter that clearly showed how upset he was. He knew it was wrong. He knew but part of him felt so angry that Roman found his soulmate. Part of him wanted Roman to never find it. He'd never have one. Remus would never be free so part of him wanted the same for his twin. It wasn't fair. It wasn't fair but... It wasn't fair to Roman either. Roman deserved to find love. Remus knew that. He didn't want to hate him. He didn't want to be jealous. He just wanted to be free of the madness. 

But that was never going to happen. 

"Hello?" Remus froze up as he looked around only to find someone staring at him from over by a wall. They wore soft colors making Remus cringe a bit already guessing he's another Patton. The only thing that was dark was his blacked-out sunglasses that made it so you couldn't see his eyes at all. "Your thoughts are quite loud." The man chuckled softly as he moved closer making Remus tense with anxiety. "It's alright. I'm not going to hurt you."

"It wasn't you, I was afraid of." Remus mumbled as he shook his head. "What are you doing alone in an alley anyway. Don't you know it's not safe? I mean..." Remus froze up as his thoughts started to take over. Images of things... very very bad thing he could do to him. He bit his lip and clenched his fists as he struggled to pull himself out of his mind. "I-It not safe."

"I am not afraid. Not even of you Remus." Remus's eyes shot wide as the man smiled. "I can read minds. If I was afraid you, I wouldn't have said anything."

"Who... Who are you?" The man beamed as he shrugged with a laugh. "You have a power so..."

"Oh, dear... I haven't the foggiest what I am or well I guess I'd be Thomas's empathy or his inner child. I don't know really." Remus took a good step back as he looked around him. "What?"

"If you represent that then you really don't want to be around me. Patton doesn't even want to and he's morality." The man frowned as Remus tried to distance himself more. "I really would just leave. It's been then the alternative."

"What alternative? Getting to know you?" Remus seemed to crack under that. His whole body just crashed as the man chuckled. "One thing I can say is I LOVE making new friends. I have so many.. all of different personalities. I don't see the harm in trying to befriend you."

"I'm demented." The man shook his head with a soft smiled catching Remus by surprise. 

"No. You're creative... just in a different way." Remus actually started to tear up as the man held his hand out for him to shake. Surprisingly Remus took his making the man beam.

"So... You know my name. Care to tell me yours?" The man laughed as he nodded again pulling his dark sunglasses off to reveal sickly white eyes making Remus freeze up in realization. He was blind. He was alone in an alley and fucking blind. He was...

"The name's Emile Picani, and I'm not alone." Remus frowned as the man held his hand firmly. "Not anymore at least. I got you to watch my back.