33

"Roman are you ok now?" Virgil whispered softly only to frown seeing how the prince didn't react. He sighed as he sat beside him smiling as Roman finally looked over at him with a smile. 'Still can't hear?' Roman only shook his head as he went back to staring at nothing lost in thought.

"I'm ok though. I have my music if I need it." Roman's hand went up to the headphones around his neck as his smile grew. "I've calmed down now though. So I should be ok. I hope I didn't scare Thomas." Virgil tapped his leg to get his attention again before signing.

'He was worried about you, yes but I explained what happened. Right now though I just want to make sure you are ok.'

"I will be." Roman gently took Virgil's hand as the two just stayed there together in each other's arms. "Virgil... I'm going to be honest here with you ok? I want you to hear me out before saying anything."

"Whatever you need, Roman." Roman nodded as he took a deep breath.

"I can't be 100% certain that you are my soulmate." Virgil's eyes went wide as Roman squeezed his hand tightly. "But I know I want you to be. That being said... I'm not going to say those three words but I will say that I care about you." Virgil couldn't help the tears in his eyes as Roman grimaced over his own anxiety.  "I'm not saying this to try and push anything. I'm not saying this because I want the curse over with already. I'm saying this because I genuinely care about you and I'm just tired of holding my tongue whenever I look at you. You've done so much for me and... I just want to be able to return the favor. But I can't even begin to try if you first don't know how I feel."

"Roman..." Roman only shook his head and held a hand up to ask him to wait.

"I'm not asking us to start dating as I do not know how you feel. I just couldn't deal with keeping everything bottled up anymore. I care deeply about you, Virgil. I don't understand how it happened, but... At some point after all that crap of telling each other our curses... I started to develop feelings I hadn't actually expected I would feel for anyone. I started to get jealous of Logan of all people. Stupid, I know, but I couldn't help it. It hurt to think you wouldn't be with me but... I would rather you happy than anything. I just..." Roman forced himself to look away but never removed his hand from Virgil's. "I just needed you to know. I'm sorry if I've made things awkward now. I really don't care if you don't feel the same. You are free to feel however you want. I just wanted to be open with what's been going on with me."

"Roman, I love you." Virgil whispered with a happy smile knowing the Prince could not hear him or read his lips. "I've loved you for a while too. I know for a fact that we're soulmates. I just..." Virgil forced Roman to look back at him again making Roman frown in confusion over how bad Virgil seemed to be crying. "If you want to see where this goes I am willing to work at whatever pace you set." Roman's eyes widened as Virgil nodded. "I care about you too, Roman. Why do you think I'm so protective or do the things that I do."

"I just thought that it was who you are to be honest." Virgil laughed and Roman's heart sang as the sound finally started to reach his ears. He melted completely into the other as he sighed happily. "I love your laughter. It sounds nice to hear." Virgil smiled as he turned just enough to see Roman leaning against his should cheek against Virgil's. "Then again your voice was the first this I had heard in so long so... I guess I could be a bit bias."

"It was?" Roman nodded as he pushed away and beamed. 

"You asked for my help. I was right outside your door. At the time I wrote it off but then I heard you tell me never to let you go. And then I heard you talking in your sleep when you were having that nightmare. You were the first thing I ever heard and it just... It makes sense."

"I didn't know that." Roman laughed as he shot the smaller a silly look.

"Of course not. I didn't tell you." Virgil rolled his eyes as he leaned against the prince with a soft smile. "Virgil? Did you really mean it though? That you are willing to give this... whatever it is a go?" Virgil met the prince's gaze and just melted as nodded fondly. Roman couldn't stop how his tears welled up in him. "Can I... C-Can I.. I-I uh..."

"Roman?"

"Can I kiss you?" Virgil's eyes shot wide as Roman panted a bit obviously nervous. His eyes were squeezed shut with a grimace as if scared of what Virgil would say. Virgil gently caressed Roman's cheek as the prince slowly but surely opened his eyes again and stared into those purple eyes with such emotion. "Can I kiss you, Virgil?" Roman asked again much softer, practically breathless as the two slowly started to inch closer to each other. Their foreheads were touching as Roman let out a soft breath. "Please?"

"As you wish, My prince." Roman smiled as closed the distance. He didn't know what he was expecting but he was in awe over just how right this felt. Roman hummed lightly as pressed a bit further into him loving the taste of berry no doubt from Virgil sneaking some of his and Logan's crofters. Virgil giggled as he wrapped his arms around the prince. When they finally moved away they just rested their heads on the others should and smiled.

"Can I take you out? Tomorrow maybe?" Roman whispered softly as Virgil played with his hair. "We don't have to if you'd rather stay in but... I'd like to spend the day with you if you're ok with it."

"I'd love to, Roman."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so since I saw a least ONE comment about this and my anxiety is started to get to me about it for some reason I feel like I should explain something. Ages! 

When they became Thomas's side their physical ages reset to 5 years old which was the age Thomas was at the time. So right now if Everyone that came from the Void is the exact same age. 

However... In the void, they are clearly different ages. Patton was old enough to have an actual family with kids of varying ages. Logan being the second eldest after him.

Virgil is the youngest having been 15 when he was chosen. This is where someone had a comment. Yes, Roman is older than Virgil however... Roman was 18 when he was chosen. He was only 3 years older so even if we took the void into account when in regards to their ages they're relationship is completely fine.

Remus however if we take the void into consideration is MUCH older than Emile. That being said they are both consenting adults so once again it shouldn't matter. 

When it comes to sides even if I gave them ages I don't put much stock in them as they aren't physical beings and therefore have no factual age. They'd all have the mental age (for the most part) of Thomas and therefore can consent regardless of the 'age' I may give them... unless I literally call them kids in which case any relationship with an adult would be purely platonic.

Just felt the need to clarify so people didn't think Roman was older than he was because he does call Virgil kid alot but it's only because he is older... and to him 15 was a kid... even though he was also a kid lolz