October 10 (edited)

The time had finally came. The weekend. Who knew what I could do in the span of two days of freedom? Maybe I could hit up a party I'd been invited to, or sleep in and play video games.

Just kidding.

Oh the drama. It just breaks my wee, little heart.

Nikki and I were washing some puppies at Fuzzy Friends, playing around with the hoses and splashing each other. "I have something to tell you, but I don't want it going to your head." Nikki said, interrupting my quite clever attack with the shower head.

"Alright. Shoot."

"You're hot." I scoffed, and before I could respond a customer walked in.

"I agree," said the girl. I already knew who it was by the sound of her voice. Hell, the chick wouldn't take a hint if her life depended on it.

"What the actual hell, MacKenzie?" Nikki hissed as she threw her shower head into the dog bath. She stomped off towards MacKenzie, and I watched her cautiously, hoping she wouldn't do anything rash.

"Brandon, I think your bitch needs a leash," Mac deadpanned. A smack echoed through the building, and MacKenzie was holding her cheek while her eyes started watering.

Damn.

"Get the hell out of here, MacKenzie," Nikki sadly lowly.

Mac lowered her hand when she was somewhat composed and retaliated. She pounced on Nikki, and the both of them were down in a second, grasping at each others' hair and clothes.

I had to do something, but with how the girls were fighting, I was afraid I'd lose a finger in the process.

Still, I yanked MacKenzie off of Nikki and kind of threw her somewhere near the other end of the room. I was a little pissed off, but I guess that's a bit of an understatement.

"Would you just leave us alone?" I yelled. "God, MacKenzie, we've clearly had enough! Just go."

And she got up, pointlessly dusted off her designer shirt, gave her hair a brush with her fingers, and sashayed out of the shop.

*~*~*~*

I was in the yard behind the house playing with a few pups while Nikki was inside painting a mural for Grandma. She had gotten so messy, but I liked the way she looked when she was working hard. She had this serious, concentrating look in her eyes. And I guess it kinda drove me insane, but that just sounds too lovestruck. Point is, she's hot when she does what she loves, and I'm happy she's having fun.

Sean walked in. I wasn't worried about him. According to Chloe and Zoey, he told MacKenzie off at lunch on Friday. I don't know if it was official, but it sounded convincing to me.

Then he put his forearm on the wall to lean against it, and he put his finger under Nikki's chin. She snatched her head away of course, but Sean put out his arm around her waist. Just a millimeter before they touched lips, a practical second before he locked lips with her, he was on the ground. MacKenzie called the cops. She was watching from outside. She had this all thought out too, a perfect story to tell the cops that trusted her way too much.

Nikki was bawling her eyes out. I've never seen her so hurt. I didn't like it, but what did she have to worry about? She wasn't the one being arrested.

The police didn't bother handcuffing me, seeing that I was kinda shrimpy and had no where to run, but they held me right and walked me to their car. Nikki ran after me.

"Brandon, I'm so sorry! I'll try to fix this. My God, this is all my-"

"Nikki, it's not your fault." I was sitting in the car. "And it's okay. I'll be okay, and so will you. We'll be fine," I told her, even though I felt I was saying it more to myself.

She wouldn't stop crying, and for a second I wanted to cry too. I had punched Sean so hard, he had passed out after a few punches. He might have a serious head injury that can't be fixed with just the school nurse's occasional I've pack.

"Nikki, please," I begged from inside the car. "Stop crying, okay? We'll be fine." She sniffled to a stop. I gave her a sad smile, and then the car drove away. I don't know if she continued crying or not.