October 13 (edited)

I was finally free from the hands of the Wicked Witch of the East Wing in the school. 

I was really nervous. I had a plan, and Nikki didn't have a clue. She had tried as hard as possible to avoid me, so she was utterly confused at what was going on. I was sort of following her around like a creep all day, and she kept giving me these weird looks and mouthing go away. I know I could have just told her what I was planning, but she always ran before I could get the words out.

I finally decided to wait by the door of one of her classes. The bell had rung and kids were starting to file out of the class. I'm yanked to the side before I see Nikki come out.

"What do you think you're doing?" MacKenzie yelled. "You know the deal, Brandon. I will make high school a miserable, living hell if you can't stay away from her, understand?"

"Heard that, Principal Winston?" I yelled. Principal Winston came out from behind a crowd of students with Chloe and Zoey by his side.

He took slow, threatening steps towards her. "How long have you been harassing them, Ms. Hollister?" he asked. Her mouth stood agape. She couldn't say anything. "You know what? Doesn't matter. Come up with an answer in three weeks. You're suspended."

"Three weeks? You can't suspend me for three weeks. My parents will kill me."

"You should have thought of that before you went against our zero tolerance rule on bullying and violence," Principal Winston retorted. He turned to the gradually increasing crowd. "Everyone, get to class. There's nothing more to see here."

"Thank you, sir," I whispered in his ear.

"Anytime." He smiled at me and then went back to his office. Everyone was gone, and Nikki was taking tentative steps from her class. She had this angry, perplexed look on her face.

"And when were you gonna tell me about this?" she demanded.

"Probably never. If I had said anything, MacKenzie would have hurt you. I didn't want that."

"Because MacKenzie hasn't tried hurting me before," she said, rolling her eyes. "There's nothing I can't handle when it comes to her."

"I still didn't wanna see that happen to you. We can both agree you've had more than enough of her bullshit."

"So you avoid me?" she asked, exasperated. God no. I didn't want her to be angry.

"You didn't exactly make it easy for me, breaking up with me and running away whenever I tried to talk to you," I counter, just as annoyed. I took a step towards her. We were almost chest to chest; I couldn't breathe.

"I thought you hated me," she whispered.

"Are you kidding? I couldn't hate you, Nikki." I found my hands resting on her waist.

"I wouldn't know that," she laughed.

"It's okay. We're together now, and we'll be drama free for three weeks... Three."

And she smiled. And it was breathtaking, even more so with her being so close.

"Hey, no PDA!" the librarian hissed. We watched her walk away, and I rolled my eyes. Where in the world was she when MacKenzie and Sean were busting slobs in her library? Hell, where was she when I was getting pummeled?

Whatever. It didn't matter. At the moment, the only thing that mattered was the peace and quiet Nikki and I would finally have for the next three weeks.