October 21 (con.)

As I was saying: we were doing a swimming unit in Phys Ed, right now we're learning the duties of a lifeguard, Sean is my partner. Before we got in the pool, Nikki and Sean's eyes met. They both gave an assuring nod to each other, and Sean and I jumped into the pool. What?

"Brandon!" the coach yelled. Then she blew her whistle for no reason. "You'll be the victim. Sean is the lifeguard." Is this supposed to be some kind of joke? I know Sean is bigger than me by like.... 50+ pounds, but that is no excuse to make fun of the little guy!

"Oh,no! I'm drowning and can't swim!" I fake cried. "Help, help!"

I was pretty sure Sean was gonna roll his eyes, but instead he looked at me as if he were saying,"Dude, don't say that; please." He didn't say that. His eyes were just SCREAMING that something bad was about to happen. And something was. I just didn't know it yet.

I kept on fake drowning and finally started sinking. My so called lifeguard was taking too long. Finally, he dived in, but instead of pulling me out of the water, he pulled me to the bottom of the pool. I don't remember anything but blacking out and waking up in a hospital.

*~*~*~*

Nikki was sitting in a chair by my bed, again she had red eyes. She was sleeping until I poked her awake. "Get up, sleepy head!"

"Oh, hey," she yawned, "You're awake." Nikki giggled. At what though? "You have dry drool on your face!"

Drool? Drool....POOL! I was nearly murdered by a fool in a pool! "Nikki, where did Sean go?"

"Oh, he uh.... He..." she studdered. "He kinda went to juvie for trying to drown you." So yesterday wasn't a dream. Nikki and Sean both agreed that I must be drowned. Wait a second.... I'm just gonna think back on the last sentence I said: Nikki-- AND Sean-- BOTH-- made a plan to drown me. Hmmm....

"How long were you both planning to kill me?" I asked. Nikki gasped quietly.

"Brandon, it's not like that. I--"

"I think it's best if we break up. You've been a little... off, Nikki." A tear rolled down her cheek. She had something to say, but she was so choked up on tears; she couldn't say anything.

She was just about to walk out the door when she finally came up with something to say. "I didn't want you to worry."

"What?" I asked.

"Jessica's dad has been threatening me and Sean because we weren't cooperating with Jessica and MacKenzie," Nikki rushed out her mouth. "I didn't want you to worry because I didn't want you to get involved... And... And I'm SORRY!" She wasn't finished. "It's a BOAT load of drama, and I don't want you to be in it with everything that's already happened. I know you're in the the hospital.... It's just--"

"Nikki! I've heard enough," I interrupted. She closed her mouth and headed out the door. "Hey, Nikki.... Don't leave." Her face was confused. "I believe you. Stay with me."

She came and layed in the bed with me. Her head was on my chest, and my arm was around her shoulder. Nikki whispered,"I'm so sorry."

"I am too. I'm calling the police; no one deserves this."

"You can't do that," she sniffled.

"Why not?"

"Her dad's the chief of police." I still have a plan.... I still have a plan.