October 29

Today was depressing. Absolutely depressing. #1- I had school today.

#2- Brianna called. Now forget about school. We already know how that goes. Let's talk about Brianna.

Nikki and I were working on science when she called. We put her on speaker phone:

"Nikki, are you there?" she whispered into the phone.

"Brianna, why are you whispering?" Nikki asked her.

"Mommy is pretty mad, so I don't want to anger her more. Nikki, where are you?"

Nikki started tearing up. We forgot about Brianna completely yesterday. With all the Nikki's prego and GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!, it was hard to focus on her as well.

"Um... I'm going away for a little while. I'll be back, Brianna."

"When, Nikki? Ms. Penelope and I need you! You have all the Sharpies, and Ms. Penelope's face is fading!"

Nikki giggled pathetically. "I don't know, Bri."

"Nikki, I miss you. I think Mommy does too. She's been hugging your pictures when she goes to bed."

"Does she want me to come back?"

"I asked her that too. She said no; which is STUPID!! If she loves you so much she should..."

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds.

"Bri, are you there?" Nikki asked desperately. "B-Bri, are you-- Are you there?"

"She kicked you out, Nikki?" Brianna finally answered. "Why?"

"Let's just say that, from now on, I'll be calling you Auntie Bro."

"Come back soon, Nikki. We REALLY miss you."

Nikki, sniffling hopelessly, answered,"I can't."

Brianna tried arguing, but she couldn't get her last words out. Nikki hung up before she could. She cupped her face in her hands and sobbed. Five seconds later, she was fine.

"Um... Are you sure you're okay, Nikki?" I asked.

She replied,"Awkwardly enough, sobbing makes me feel a whole lot better."

"Oh, good for you." I said that inside my head. You know, for her mood swing's sake. "So... you're okay?"

"A little. I just really wish.... I wish I could start over. I want this month to restart so I can fix my wrongs."

"I know just how you feel. But then I think to myself: How close would we be if this didn't happen? Nikki, we LIVE in the same house now. And to be honest, I think that's awesome despite the way you got here. You still live with me."

And here were one of her mood swings. "And how many girls live with their boyfriends? The ones who are PREGNANT, Brandon! Gosh, you can be STUPID sometimes." She gasped of shock at what she said and started tearing up again.

I started laughing. And I don't mean chuckle; I mean laughing. This scared Nikki. "You and your swings!"

The truth is usually always funny if you think about it. Sure, in times the truth is tragic, but when you look back at it.... It makes you laugh. One day, in the near future, I'll be laughing once again at Nikki's mood swings. And she'll be laughing with me.