October 22

I promised Nikki I had a plan. A plan that would finally get rid of these horrid, lip gloss obsessing, drama queens. I promised her a plan, and even though I made the promise yesterday, I really need to pull through fast on this one. I just need a moment of silence (think about your life now for a good 15 seconds.). Lightbulb! 💡 Just got an idea. Doesn't Nikki have a cousin who's in the CIA? Oh, and the FBI? She does as a matter of fact. I'm going to have a little talk with them.

*~*~*~*

"You can't be serious!? Brandon--"

"I told you I had a plan," I cut her off.

"But, Brandon...They could get FIRED! *Oh, hey boss, I'm gonna go scare a couple of freshmen because my little cousin wanted me to.*" Nikki mocked.

"Who knows? They might ask WHY you need them to intimidate Jessica and MacKenzie. Ever thought of that?"

The answer is yes, yes she did. Instead of mocking her cousin, she mocked her cousin's boss. "Because they're bullying them? Well, I'm sure they have teachers don't they? And maybe the chief of police can deal with them in extreme cases."

"Well, Nikki... You never stated the entire case. Maybe they might let them. AND did you ever think about land of the free, home of the brave? Your cousin can do whatever she wants."

Nikki waved off my remark. "They'll think it's ridiculous."

"You'll never know unless you try," I replied. She squinted at me from her biology textbook. Then she pulled out her cell phone.

"Hey, Melissa. Yeah, I need that favor now." There was a short pause. "The chief of police has threatened us now, Melissa.... UGHH! But I already did you a solid! You owe me! Pfft, whatever! Just be here by Friday; alright! Love you, bye."

I smiled at her with my face saying, Told you so!

Nikki arched her eyebrow. "You owe me too."

"What!? I didn't--"

She cut me off by kissing me. "Now we're even."

"I-- I don't think we are," I studdered. She jumped from the table giggling.

"Oh, yes we are! I don't need your solids anymore; promise!" Nikki hid behind bookshelves, so I chased after her. I ran too fast when spotting her in the isle, so I ended up tackling her. I thought she was hurt. When I lifted my head up, I saw she was on the verge of ROTFL (roll on the floor laughing). "Alright, you owe me a solid because of tackling me like I was a football player with the ball." I felt her smile as I kissed her, and I'm pretty sure she felt mine. A grin was spread HUGE across my face.

"I love you, Nikki Maxwell."

"I love you too, Brandon Roberts. But you know... I think we should get up before the old librarian gets the wrong idea of what's going on here."

I felt the librarian's gaze hot on my back. I turned to see there was no one there. And I turned back to Nikki who WAS ROTFL. "You owe me," I said, this time with eyes the size of saucers. Do you even KNOW how much damage would be done to me by my grandparents!? They love Nikki, but the fact that.... Well.... Let's just say they'd beat the brakes off me if something like that ever happened.