October 14 (edited)

Today was the most normal day I'd had in a really long time. A plain, old fashion, normal day. No MacKenzie. No drama. No problems. Just fun. If only MacKenzie were to be expelled...

Everyday could be like this.

"Are you still running for king and queen?" Marcus asked me. We decided to spend our free period in the library, ironically. I hate this place.

"I don't know. Probably not," I replied to him.

"Maybe you should ask Nikki," Theo said.

"Why does everything have to be an executive decision?" Marcus asked. "All this feminism is gonna make me grow a vagina. Men should be in charge again."

"I wonder what Chloe would think about that. You don't even need to grow a vagina. When it comes to her, you already have one."

"Do not!"

"Do to!"

Here we go again.

There arguments were nothing new. It was quite entertaining actually. To see what trivial thing they would argue about next was always very exciting.

"Theo, she doesn't scare me. In fact, I'm going to tell her we're going to third place. And if she doesn't agree then-"

"Then what?" Chloe asked, her expression more pissed than Nikki's whenever I Snoop in her sketch books. I'm not even sure when she got here. I didn't even here her walk in.

"Oh. Um. N-nothing, dearest. Just talking about baseball," he stuttered.

"Baseball?" she asked, unconvinced.

"Yes, baseball." He gulped. "So Brandon isn't running for Pumpkin King," he detered nervously.

Well, excuse me.

"What? No, you have to. Does Nikki know?"

I guess she'll find out, won't she?

*~*~*~*

I was in math class when I texted Nikki about the entire gang going to see the movie Annabelle.

Nikki: Annabelle? Seriously?

Me: Seriously. Scared??

Nikki: Not as as scared as you'll be.

I smiled at my phone.

Me: Bring it on.

*~*~*~*

Nikki may not have noticed, but she was laughing really loud. Um...

Well, at least I know she won't be a scardy cat if we get into a life threatening situation.

After the movie, we all dispersed and went out seperate ways. I walked Nikki home.

It was pretty much the weekend since we had no school for parent/teacher conferences for the next two days, and Nikki's family wasn't home. They went on a small vacation for the weekend. Nikki decided to stay home.

"Would you like to stay?" she asked me.

"Can I? I am pretty freaked out by that movie," I replied sarcastically.

"Aw. How flattering," Nikki mockingly said. I just chuckledled, and we went inside. Her house was actually very nice. There were candid, family pictures and little words of encouragement hung on the walls.

We sat down on the couch and watched Family Matters reruns, quoting his famous Did I do that's.

It didn't take a genius to see where this night was headed, and it didn't take long for us to be all over each other.

It all started with us being coy and courteous, both of us on seperate ends of the couch. But then we got closer and closer to each other. Her thigh brushed against mine and our shoulders were touching. She kind of just stared at our proximity. I stared at her.

"Are you gonna just keep staring at me?" she asked, her voice small despite her daunting words.

"It's not such a horrible thing to do. I like looking at beautiful things."

"You're such a dork."

"Takes one to know one," I laughed. She playfully shoved me away, and I held on to the hand she pushed me with. "I love you."

All of the air in the room went still, and both of our breathing ceased. I don't think either of us were expecting me to say what I said, not yet anyway.

"Say something. Please."

Her silence killed me. It was too soon. God, I was stupid. Why did I have to-

"I love you too, Brandon."

"You... Y-you do?"

Her eyes welled up with tears, but she laughed and nodded. "Yeah. I do."

Thank God.

I cupped her face in my hands and kissed her. And she kissed me. Family Matters was forgotten until she gently pushed me off her. "Maybe you should go before it goes too far."

"Maybe I should, but there's nothing I regret when it comes to you."

"Not tonight, Brandon," she giggled. "I'll see you later."

I sighed in frustration, not at her, but at the way she made me feel. Damn hormones.

"Okay, fine. I'll see you on Monday." I kissed her on the cheek. "I love you." And I walked out of her front door knowing those three words made her smile for the rest of the night.