Chapter 1

Liliana Quinn sat in the sixth form 'hub' as she scrolled on her phone through her instagram timeline, liking her friends posts and ignoring all the others

She watched as Alya Nawaz walked in with Nasreen Paracha and all of their other friends, she frowned lightly as Alya's brother, Riz, walked in with his friend Cory Wilson and the other lads.

The only time she glanced up was when she felt a presence in front of her, and eyes glaring down at her. She locked her phone and sighed, glancing up at the 4 girls in front of her.

"Oh, Liliana!" Alya frowned "I didn't realise it was you!"

"Yeah, what do you want?" Liliana glanced at the girl in front of her

"I was going to get you to move" Alya said

"Fine, whatever" Liliana replied and picked up her stuff, moving across the room to sit next to Nas.

Suddenly, the door swung open and in walked Missy Booth. Her blonde hair was thrown up in a high bun, her skirt as short as ever and her nails a colourful neon pink. She waved at Shannon, until she made eye contact with Nasreen.

"Seriously, what's so good about in here?" She scoffed, catching the attention of everyone in the room "I'm your age, don't worry. You've all just gotta be dead to me because you passed your exams and all that"

Liliana chuckled to herself, smiling at her friend who grinned at her. She nodded to acknowledge her presence and put her phone down, watching Missy's confidence light up the room.

"It weren't her fault!" Nas defended her.

"She's in our year, she's just got her retakes, it's all good" Liliana spoke up, catching the eye of Cory Wilson.

"Thank you girls, dead sweet" Missy smiled as she dotted a kiss on Nas's cheek and sat down.

The boys chuckled at her, clearly checking her out. Liliana watched in dismay as Cory grinned at Missy, throwing her a flirty smile.

"Missy Booth, good to see you in uniform for another year" Cory smirked

"Got a thing for it have you?" Missy danced her fingers up his wrist "You'd be so lucky"

Liliana sighed and plugged her earphones into her phone, placing them in her ears. She immersed herself in her music, writing some notes down in her notebook.

Suddenly, Liliana felt a hand on her shoulder making her jump in fright. She glanced up and frowned when she saw Cory looking down at her.

"Alright?" She asked

"We've got assembly" Cory said with a slight smile

Liliana followed Cory into the massive hall, where Miss Carter was stood on the stage with a nervous smile plastered on her face.

"She must be so nervous" Liliana said sympathetically

Cory smiled and grabbed Liliana's arm, pulling her to sit next to him. She giggled and got herself comfortable, waiting for the boring assembly to begin.

Throughout the assembly, Liliana couldn't help but notice that Cory's younger brother, Jordan Wilson, had a devilish smirk on his face. The look worried Liliana, who had known the boy long enough to spot when he was about to cause trouble.

Cory followed Liliana's gaze and frowned when his eyes locked on his younger brother, who was chuckling to himself.

"Oi" He said, once he made eye contact with Jordan "What are you smiling for?"

Jordan only grinned and shook his head in response, making Cory even more agitated until Liliana shook her head and placed a hand on his arm.

"You can't do anything right now" The brunette smiled softly "I'm sure it'll be fine"