Chapter 16

Once she was out of isolation, Liliana Quinn made her way towards the sixth form hub, ready for break

Once she was out of isolation, Liliana Quinn made her way towards the sixth form hub, ready for break. She walked alongside Nasreen Paracha, as the girl chatted away.

Suddenly, Liliana remembered that it was the school's annual debate was happening. Nas pulled her speech out of her pocket, giving it to her friend to read.

"It's about charity" Nas stated "We have to show we care"

"Who are you up against?" Liliana asked

"Another school" Nas said "But all Alya cares about is winning"

Nas was then called for a prep session, leaving Liliana alone in the sixth form area. Other students were in there but it wasn't anyone she spoke to regularly.

Suddenly, Cory walked in with Naveed and Riz making Liliana look up and smile at the boys.

"Mate, you stink" Riz stated with a chuckle

"Didn't have time for a shower this morning, did I?" Cory smirked making Liliana's smile drop from her face

"Here, use this" Naveed said as he threw a spray in Cory's direction.

"Wow, taking after school activities to a whole new level" Alya scoffed

"I was just doing my biology homework" He grinned causing Liliana to frown in disgust

"I didn't see that on the syllabus" Alya rolled her eyes

"That's because you're all theory and no practice Alya, aren't you?" Cory chuckled as he leant down towards the girl

Cory glanced over at Liliana who immediately looked away, keeping herself busy with work. It annoyed her, the way he flirted with Alya even though she showed no interest in him and the way he made her feel like sometimes she was the only girl in his life and other times, she didn't exist.

The announcement for the assembly blasted through the speakers making everyone jump up and walk towards the hall, chattering amongst themselves. Liliana watched with a slight chuckle as Alya pushed through everyone.

Cory walked up to Liliana, ready to have a conversation but stopped when she didn't even acknowledge his presence. He frowned and went to wrap an arm around her shoulder but she moved away from him, walking with Missy and Hayley instead.

The Hebden Park students sat in their chairs with tight, fixed postures. They were clearly judging the Ackley Bridge students, it was clear by their faces.

Liliana sat next to Hayley, glancing over at Cory who mouthed a small "Are you okay?" to which she ignored. She couldn't be bothered with how messy he made her emotions.

Nas went first and obviously, Missy, Hayley, Razia and Liliana all cheered her on obnoxiously making all the other students chuckle.

Next was a girl who managed to make a fuss of it all. She dropped all her cue cards and tried to pick them up but was unfortunately stopped by Alya taking center stage.

As Alya continued her speech, phones began to sound. Liliana and Hayley looked at each other in confusion but continued listening to Alya for the sake of wanting her to win.

The speech continued up until lunch, when everyone filled out of the assembly hall and into the canteen. There was chatter amongst the students and Liliana couldn't make out what everyone was talking about.

Suddenly, a text from Shannon showed what everyone was talking about as Liliana stared at her phone in shock.

OMG! Cory Wilson is a food bank skank!