Chapter 29

"Late to school on the open day, I wouldn't expect anything else"

Liliana chuckled to herself as she walked through the entrance to the school, signing herself in as Mr Nawaz ranted about the school's reputation and how Liliana Quinn was a bad representation of it.

Liliana shrugged and followed Mr Nawaz into the hall where she saw Cory and Riz in their Rugby kits. She chuckled and walked over to the boys.

"Love a man in uniform" Liliana giggled

"You two make me wanna puke" Riz chuckled

"Jealously is a sin, Nawaz" Cory said as he poked Riz.

"So the governors will all be here and we'll have loads of prospective parents, we hope!" Miss Carter said as she directed people around the hall "So everyone be on their best behaviour and let's just make a success of the day!"

Alya, Cory, Riz and Liliana stood in a huddle as they chatted amongst themselves.

"See that, they split up but they've still got to keep it up for the sake of the kids" Cory smirked

"I don't know why you lot are so interested in your teachers private lives" Mr Nawaz said as he appeared behind the group "You'd think you'd have more important things to do"

Mr Nawaz walked away as Alya and Riz glared at him, making Liliana raise an eyebrow. Cory chuckled and hit Riz on the forearm as he walked away, dragging Liliana behind him.

-

Cory pulled Liliana towards the canteen as he wanted to find Jordan. She wondered why the two of them had to go but agreed anyway, bored of standing in the hall and waiting around.

Cory's heart dropped when he saw Jordan stood in the middle of the canteen. He was shouting about something, as Mr Bell made his way over.

"Alright! Mr Bell is here! Come to Ackley Bridge and get taught by the hero Mr Steven Bell" Jordan shouted

"Have I not done enough for you kid? Don't show me up" Mr Bell scoffed

"You've done loads for me, Sir" He said "I remember you hid me baby"

"I've put my neck on the line for you, I promised Miss Carter you'd behave and look at you" Mr Bell groaned

"Showed you up in front of your missus?" He smirked "Everyone knows you've split up"

"Get out!" Mr Bell shouted

Cory let go of Liliana's hand and ran over to Jordan, staring at his little brother in shock.

"What are you doing?" Cory growled "Come on"

Liliana turned to Miss Carter and her visitors, smiling softly at the headtacher who looked petrified.

"Hi, I'm Liliana Quinn" The girl introduced herself to the visitors "I'd be happy to show you around and tell you all of the good things about this school"

"What was that boy talking about?" The visitors asked worriedly

"Liliana-" Miss Carter began to speak

"That boy is Jordan Wilson" The teenager cut Miss Carter off "He's got a lot going on but this school has kept him going to make sure he has a future ahead of him"

-

Cory followed Jordan down the corridor. He could hardly speak he was so shocked and embarrassed by his brothers actions.

"Are you mad?" Cory shouted "Squaring up to a teacher like that, after all that, you know what Dad would do!"

"Yeah, he'd pick your side!" Jordan shouted

"What side?" Cory asked

"You slept with Candice" Jordan said shakily

Cory inhaled a deep breath, leaning against the wall as he stared at his brother. He assumed Jordan would've already known, like pretty much everyone did.

"You knew I liked her" Jordan stated "You could've had anyone, why did you have to sleep with her?"

"I told you not to trust her" Cory said "Come on, we're gonna miss the assembly"

Cory began to walk away but was stopped by Jordan uttering a sentence which made his blood boil with anger.

"Maybe I should sleep with Liliana, give you a taste of your own medicine"

Cory spun round, grabbing his brother and pushing him heavily into the lockers. The younger Wilson brother went crashing into the lockers, wincing as he hit his back.

"After all she has done for you, don't you ever ever talk about her like that" Cory said

"It's exactly the same as Candice" Jordan shrugged

"Stay the fuck away from her, Jordan" Cory threatened "I mean it"