Chapter 35

"Oi, I want a word with you!"

Liliana stopped talking to Nas, turning to watch Missy confront Alya. She sighed, rubbing her forehead in frustration as her boyfriend cheered the girls on, loving the fight.

"What the hell is going on now?" Liliana asked

"Riz is sending messages round the school, saying loads of disgusting lies about what Hayley Booth apparently did to him" Nas said

"It's your Cory who first sent the texts" Dan shouted.

Liliana frowned and glared at her boyfriend with a disappointed expression as he shrugged and mouthed "I only sent it to Jake".

Liliana watched as Missy tackled Alya, pushing her to the ground. She winced and moved towards the two girls, with Nas doing the same thing.

"Think you're so much better than us, with your fancy cars and sparky hijab!" Missy scowled

Nas and Liliana attempted to pull Missy off Alya, but were stopped by Hayley finally deciding to speak up.

"It's true!" She shouted before running off.

Liliana watched, defeated, as Missy chased Hayley down the corridor. She sighed and lent against the wall, watching all the students clear off.

Cory walked over to his girlfriend, placing his arms on her waist and smirking at her. She scoffed and rolled her eyes, removing his hands.

"Lilliana come on" Cory sighed "It were only a joke"

"She must've been so embarrassed" Liliana frowned

"It were a little joke between lads" Cory said

"Whatever, Cory" She scoffed

She went to walk away, but Cory grabbed her hand, gently pulling her back towards him as he leaned down to kiss her forehead. She dodged him; making the boy frown.

"Wouldn't wanna be a little joke between lads now, would I?" She snapped, walking away to join Nas.

-

The sixth form boys, the ones who had been involved in the message thread, sat in one of the empty classrooms.

"I wanna start by saying thank you for giving up your break" Mr Hyatt said

Cory groaned, throwing his head back in dismay as he watched people walk past the classroom, enjoying their break.

"Sir" He whined "This better be worth it, man"

"It's come to our attention that there is a message stream going round about certain girls in this school" Mr Hyatt stated

"You wanna join the chat, Sir?" One of the boys shouted, making the group laugh

Mr Hyatt scoffed, rolling his eyes at the immature teenagers.

"You think it's funny?" He scowled "Ridiculing and degrading girls?"

"It's just banter, Sir" Zain said, making the other boys nod

"What if it was your sister they were talking about?" Mr Hyatt asked

"I'd kill them, Sir" Zain admitted.

"So, whilst you lot are bigging up your sexual exploits on whatsapp, the girls are knuckling down and getting on with their work" Mr Hyatt said

Cory sighed and leaned back in his chair once again, rolling his eyes.

"Are we done sir?" Cory asked obnoxiously

"No, we are not!" Mr Hyatt shouted "Whilst it might seem harmless banter to you, others are getting hurt by it!"

"We're just having a laugh" Cory said

"It's harassment" Mr Hyatt replied "I know some of you have girlfriends, what if these things were going around about them?"

Cory frowned and crossed his arms over his chest. He glared at the teacher, knowing he was directing that last statement at him.

-

Cory rushed down the corridor. He ran into the sixth form area, sighing in relief when he saw Liliana sat, writing some notes down.

She rolled her eyes when she saw him, not wanting to make eye contact.

Cory walked over, moving her stuff aside and leaning back on the table. He put his hands on his pocket, taking a deep sigh before he began to talk.

"I didn't realise how much something like that affects people. I thought it was just a joke but then Mr Hyatt was banging on about how it's harassment and 'how would we feel if it was one of our girlfriends they were talking about', it made me realise that I messed up" Cory said

"Cory-" Liliana smiled at him

"It made me realise that if someone said something like that about you, regardless if we were together or not, i'd kill them" Cory said "I am so sorry"

Liliana stood up, hugging the boy tightly as he held her tightly. She smiled up at him, his tall figure towering over her.

"It took Mr Hyatt for you to realise that" She scoffed