Chapter 45

Liliana strolled into school with a scowl plastered on her face

Liliana strolled into school with a scowl plastered on her face. Her mum hadn't come home the previous night after Josh's dad had been caught sleeping with another woman. She hadn't seen Josh either.

She was late for school by half an hour. Her shirt wasn't tucked into her skirt and her laces were undone. She sighed, rushing towards the entrance.

She almost managed to get through the entrance but was stopped by Miss Oakes who looked at her with a disappointed expression.

"Liliana Quinn, you're late" Miss Oakes stated

"Really?" She asked sarcastically "I didn't realise"

"Enough with the attitude" Miss Oakes said

Liliana rolled her eyes, giving the teacher a dirty look as Miss Oakes folded her arms across her chest.

"Tuck your shirt in" Miss Oakes instructed.

Liliana could hear the Rugby team coming down the steps. They had training all morning in preparation of their big match against St Marks.

Liliana walked up the steps, ignoring the teacher's calls for her to come back. She felt a hand on her wrist and frowned when she saw Cory raising his eyebrow at her.

"What?" She asked

"Where's Josh?" Cory asked

"I don't know" Liliana shrugged

"You live with him" Cory stated

"Well done, Sherlock" Liliana rolled her eyes

"If you see him, tell him the minibus is waiting for 5 minutes" Cory said

"Fine, whatever" Liliana said "Is that all?"

"What is up with you?" Cory asked

"Nothing" Liliana shook her head "Go away"

The brunette made her way into her English lesson, swinging the door open and walking inside with a scowl on her face.

"Nice of you to join us" Mr Evershed said with sarcasm laced in his every word

Liliana rolled her eyes, throwing her stuff down and picking up her English book, reading along with everyone else.

A few minutes later, there was a knock at the door and everyone looked at each other in confusion as they saw Lorraine, the receptionist stood at the door.

"Miss Oakes wants a word with Liliana Quinn, please" Lorraine said

Everyone stared at Liliana, waiting for her to stand but the girl ignored Lorraine, continuing on with her work.