Chapter 15

Liliana and Josh approached the school gates as Mr Hyatt walked towards them

Liliana and Josh approached the school gates as Mr Hyatt walked towards them. The girl rolled her eyes and threw on a fake smile, knowing she was about to be questioned.

"Who's this?" Mr Hyatt asked

"This is Josh, my half-brother" Liliana said sternly "He's annoying and badly behaved"

Liliana stormed off to the steps where Cory and Riz were stood with smirks on their faces. The girl blushed when Cory winked at her as she lightly shoved him, sitting on the handrail.

"Who's that?" Riz asked

"That's my half-brother" She replied "He's one of the most obnoxious people i've ever met"

"I'm offended" Cory joked

"His only talent is Rugby and being the worst person in the world" Liliana scoffed

"I'm getting vibes that you don't like this dude that much" Riz laughed

Suddenly, Missy ran over to where Liliana was stood, dragging Nas behind her. The two girls smiled at the brunette.

"We're really sorry" Missy said "We've been really shitty friends but we love you"

"I love you guys too" Liliana said "I just needed space"

"Trio again?" Nas asked

Liliana giggled and pulled both of the girls into a tight hug. She frowned when Josh walked past her, his head down as he followed Mr Hyatt into the school building.

"He's new" Missy observed

"Yep" Liliana agreed

"It's Lil's half brother" Cory stated with a deep chuckle

Nas, Riz and Missy all stared at Cory with amused expressions on all their faces. The boy raised his eyebrows, glaring at the student.

"Lil?" Riz chuckled "You're whipped"

"We're not even a couple" Liliana smiled

"Nah, but you kissed" Nas said

"How the hell do you know about that?" Liliana asked

"Cory told Riz, Riz told Hayley, Hayley told Missy, Missy told me" Nas shrugged

Liliana giggled and shook her head with a smile as she raised her eyebrows at Cory who shrugged. Missy smiled at the two of them, hoping they would hurry up and become a couple.

-

Liliana sat in science, her head on the desk and her pen in her mouth. She yawned and felt herself becoming more and more bored with every minute that passed. She took notes and doodled in her book, humming to herself.

She was doodling a flower when all of a sudden, her book was snatched out of her hand by Mr Hyatt. She sighed and sat up, staring at the teacher.

"Lovely drawings, not the lesson though" The teacher said

"Sorry sir" Liliana sighed "I'll listen next time"

"You can listen in after school detention" Mr Hyatt smiled gently

Liliana frowned and sighed loudly. She felt eyes on her making her cringe. Cory chuckled next to her making her roll her eyes.

"Something funny, Wilson?" Liliana asked

"Miss Quinn, quiet" Mr Hyatt shouted

Cory continued to laugh as Liliana hummed to herself, keeping herself entertained. She absentmindedly continued to doodle, not realising she was doing so until once again, Mr Hyatt caught her.

"This is the third time i've had to tell you off, you're usually so good!" Mr Hyatt sighed

"Sorry sir" She whispered

"Isolation, let's get moving" Mr Hyatt said

"Sir, that's pretty extreme" Liliana frowned

"Go!" He insisted

Liliana picked up her bag, throwing her things into it as she made her way out of the classroom and towards the isolation room.

She approached the room and opened the door, sighing when she saw Josh sat in one of the blocks.

"It's your first day!" She whined "Can't you just behave for once?"

"I was getting to know my classmates" He defended himself

"God, you're so annoying" She groaned

The door opened once again and Mr Bell walked in, tapping Josh on the shoulder. He muttered the words 'Rugby Team' making Liliana frown.

Mr Bell turned to Liliana and raised his eyebrows, not expecting to see the girl.

"I'm surprised to see you here" Mr Bell stated

"Mr Hyatt must be in a bad mood" Liliana said as she saw Nas walk in

"Nasreen Paracha and Liliana Quinn" Mr Bell scoffed "Two of our best students"

"Mr Hyatt is being brutal" Nas said "It's not my fault"

"I'll let you go after this lesson then" Mr Bell said