Chapter 41

Liliana sat down at the table that Alya sat at, sighing as she shuffled her food around the plate

Liliana sat down at the table that Alya sat at, sighing as she shuffled her food around the plate. She watched with confusion as the lads gathered round Cory, muttering amongst themselves.

"They know how it feels, innit!" Zain shouted

"What's that, bruv?" Dan shouted "I heard that!"

Dan grabbed Zain, throwing him into the table Liliana and Alya were sat at. Both girls jumped up, yelping in fear.

Liliana rushed out of the canteen, watching as the fight broke out and people were throwing each other around the canteen.

"Mr Hussein, where were you?" Mr Evershed shouted angrily.

-

The students walked along the snowy hills, grumbling to themselves as complaints left their trembling lips.

Liliana snuggled into her coat, walking behind the group as she kicked the snow. She watched as everyone came to a stop, making her stop too.

"When I were your age, I used to fight with my dad all the time, right? Proper madness, like, 24/7" Mr Hussein stated "So one day, my mum just snapped, she stuffed us in the car, drove us halfway to Bradford and chucked us out"

The students glanced at each other in confusion as they each rubbed their hands together, attempting to warm themselves up.

"This story gonna take long, sir, 'cos I can't feel me feet?" Chloe scoffed as she kicked her feet together making the other students laugh "And if you think we're gonna become friends - on your stupid walk, forget it"

The students nodded in agreement, making Mr Evershed sigh and step forwards.

"Look, you've had a tough week. You've all had a tough week, we know that. We get it. But, I don't know, for me, I think a good school should be like a good family" Mr Evershed said.

The students lowered their heads, a few of them nodding as a sign of their agreement.

"And when a family loses someone, they don't tear each other apart, they don't argue and fight, they come together" Mr Evershed said sadly.

Liliana frowned, a lump forming in her throat at his choice of words as she saw the group nod.

"We've got seven miles to get back to school, I think we can do it" Mr Evershed sai

"Oh, what?" The boys scoffed

"It's not that far" Mr Hussein stated.

Naveed turned his head, looking back at Liliana and sighing, nudging Cory to make him look back too.

She was about 5 feet behind the other students, clearly in her own world.

"Should one of us go and talk to her?" Riz asked