Chapter 22

Liliana walked down the steps of her house after brushing her teeth

Liliana walked down the steps of her house after brushing her teeth. She was yawning, after the night last night. She was shaken up and didn't exactly want to walk to school alone, in fear of those people appearing again so she deliberately took longer to get ready.

She left the house right after Josh did. He looked at her strangely, wondering why she was walking with him.

Eventually, they approached the school and Josh immediately walked into the school building making Liliana feel even more anxious.

Liliana jumped when Missy and Nas appeared next to her. The two girls glanced at each other, confused as to why their friend was so jumpy.

"You okay?" Nas asked

"Yeah" Liliana replied as she anxiously gazed around at all the students

"You seem a bit jumpy" Missy said worriedly

"Yeah" Nas agreed

"I'm fine, I just need to speak to Jordan" She replies with a smile

"He's over there, with Cory" Missy said

Liliana walked up to Jordan. The younger Wilson brother frowned at her as she stood in front of him, her voice quiet and shaky.

"Liliana, everything okay?" Jordan said

"You need to give those people the money you owe by the end of school" Liliana said

"How do you know about that?" Jordan asked as he frowned

"Please Jordan, just give them the money" She said quietly "I'm begging you"

"I don't have the money" Jordan shrugged

Liliana nodded and walked away, avoiding eye contact with Cory as best she could. The tall brunette boy stared at Liliana ask she walked away, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Cory walked over to where Candice and Sam Murgatroyd were stood, talking to one another with wide eyes.

"Candice!" Cory shouted as he ran over

"Yeah?" The girl replied

"Did Liliana go to your house last night?" He asked

"I wasn't home" She shrugged

"Sam?" Cory asked "Were you home?"

"Yeah, she didn't come over" Sam replied

"She's just told our Jordan, practically begged him to give your lot the money he owes" He said

"She might've bumped into them" Sam said "I don't think they got home until late"

"It's unlikely though, I don't think they'd even know who she is" Candice said

"Right, okay" Cory nodded "Cheers"

The bell rang signalling for everyone to go inside. All of the sixth formers went into the sixth form area, talking to each other.

Cory walked in, staring at Liliana who was sat on her own, staring out the window. He frowned and went to walk over to her but stopped himself, remembering that he was the one who asked her for space.

Liliana stared out the window as she thought about how scared she had been the previous night. She inhaled a shaky breath and then placed two arms on the table behind her, throwing her head down with them. She felt tears escape her eyes as she thought about what the people had said.

Nas frowned and walked over to Liliana, crouching down beside her. She shook her friend lightly, attempting to get her to lift her head up.

"Lil, what's going on?" Nas asked

Liliana shook her head, informing Nas that she didn't want to speak about what was becoming a burden on her mind. She didn't want to admit the fact that she was scared.

Cory walked over as Nas walked away. He crouched next to the girl, like Nas had, and grabbed her hand. He intertwined their fingers and waited until eventually the girl turned to him, staring at him with an unreadable expression.

"Lil, come on" He said "Talk to me"

"They followed me" Liliana admitted "They said Jordan had to pay up by the end of the school day or they were gonna get me"

"Who's 'they'?" Cory asked "Do they go to our school?"

"I didn't recognise them" Liliana shook her head "I was so scared, Cory"

Cory let go of the girl and stood up, pulling her up too. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her tightly as she fell into a bundle of sobs. He stroked the back of her head, a pathetic attempt at calming her down.

"We need to go and speak to Miss Carter" He said

Liliana nodded and began walking towards the door, with Cory following closely behind. The boy frowned, angry at his brother and the people who threatened her.

Riz stopped Cory, gently placing a hand on his arm. The boy looked at his friend with worried eyes as the girl stopped, waiting at the door.

"Some dudes followed her yesterday" Cory said

"The ones Jordan owes the money?" Riz asked

"Yeah, said they were gonna get her after school if Jordan doesn't pay up" Cory raged "If i find out who it was i swear-"

"Just keep her safe" Riz said "That's your main priority"

"We'll try and speak to Jordan" Naveed said with a small nod "Get him to find a way to keep them away from her"

"Thanks, it's appreciated" Cory said