Chapter 14

Liliana left Cory's house with a smile on her face

Liliana left Cory's house with a smile on her face. She'd been waiting for ages to finally kiss Cory and it was even better than she'd anticipated.

She arrived at her house, sighing when she saw the car that was parked outside. Her mums car was in the driveway, as usual, but she recognised that Audi and that numberplate from miles away.

She opened the door and stepped inside, throwing her bag to the ground and frowning at the pair of shoes that were in her way. She expected it but it still annoyed her.

She made her way into the living room. Her face completely fell when she saw her father sat on the sofa. He smiled at her as she sat on the floor in front of him, glaring at her mother for letting them come inside.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps echo down the stairs and she furrowed her eyebrows as a tall figure walked into the room and sat down.

Liliana stood up, shaking her head and glaring at the boy. Her finger pointed at the boy, his grin making her even more angry.

"No!" She shouted "He can't be here"

"He's your brother, Liliana" Her mother said

"Josh is not my brother!" The girl screamed "I don't want him here"

"Lil-" He began to speak

"Don't talk to me" She cut him off

"Josh and your father are moving in" Anne Quinn said "It's not up for discussion"

"Does this mean he's going to my school?" She sighed expressively

"Yes" Anne said "And you must help him settle in"

"No" Liliana said "I don't want anything to do with him. He's the product of Dad's affair, he is not my brother"

Liliana stormed upstairs, slamming her door shut. She took of her school clothes, hanging them up and changing into her pjs.

-

The next morning, Liliana woke up and walked over to her wardrobe and pulled out her school uniform. She threw it on, the white shirt, short black school pencil skirt, black tights and black school shoes. She curled her brown hair and applied her usual minimal makeup and lip gloss.

She rushed downstairs, her face glued to her phone as she walked over to the kettle and put a teabag in the cup. She poured the hot water and milk in and began to drink it as she multitasked and ate her cereal at the same time.

She rolled her eyes when Josh walked in, dressed in the school uniform. She scowled and walked past him, going upstairs to brush her teeth.

When she got back downstairs, she threw her bag over her shoulder and walked out of the door. Josh rushed after her, trying to catch up to his sister.

"If you cause any shit at school, don't drag me or my mum into it" Liliana said

"Listen, I understand you being mad at my dad but none of it is my fault" He said slowly

"You're a constant reminder of all that pain and heartbreak" Liliana said "I want nothing to do with you"