Chapter 9

Liliana hopped out of the taxi and sighed

Liliana hopped out of the taxi and sighed. She was wearing a black crop top, neon trousers and white trainers. Her hair was straight and she had minimal makeup on.

She began the walk towards Hayley's house and smiled when she saw Riz. He smiled at her and made his way over to her.

"You look great" Riz smiled

"Thanks" Liliana replied "The party already looks pretty crowded"

"It is" Riz grinned "My girlfriends pretty popular"

Liliana grinned and followed Riz down to the house where Dan, Jake, Jordan and Cory were all stood. They all smiled at her, she returned it.

"Liliana needs a plus one" Riz said making the girl giggle

"I'll happily be your plus one" Dan smiled "We can dance the night away"

Dan grabbed Liliana's hand and pulled her towards into the house as Cory watched in distress. He hated watching Liliana go off with another guy but had no idea why.

Cory walked into the house, immediately feeling the heat in the crowded space. He watched as Dan passed Liliana countless amounts of drink, getting the girl more and more wasted.

Liliana continued to sway to the music, her body becoming more and more loose with every drink. She danced with anyone who came near her, having a great time. The worries from the day had all disappeared.

Cory kept a close eye on Liliana as she moved out of the house, towards the door. He stopped dancing with Shannon and followed Liliana, worried about his friend.

Liliana stroller along the road, stumbling and swaying from side to side. She was mumbling to herself, pointless words. Her head was spinning, she'd never felt so sick.

Suddenly, Liliana lost her footing and tripped over a loose pebble. She fell into a heap in the middle of the road, giggling to herself. She laid on the road, staring up at the stars in the sky.

Cory rushed over as soon as he saw the girl fall, his nerves getting the better of him. He crouched next to her, shaking her slightly.

"Liliana" He said gently "Did you hit your head?"

The girl only sighed in reply, lifting her back up so she was sat upright. She watched as a figure crouched on the other side of her, putting his hand out and lifting her up.

"What are you doing, babe?" Dan's voice said making even Liliana's drunk self cringe

"She's not your babe" Cory stated giving the other boy a dirty look

"Back off Cory, this has nowt to do with you, go back to Nas" Dan stated

"Shut up" Cory snapped "Go and find a different girl, Liliana is sticking with me"

Dan sighed and walked away from his friends, heading back into the party leaving Cory and Liliana alone in the middle of the road.

"Cory!" Jordan's voice echoed down the street

"Jordan!" Liliana shouted drunkly, letting go of Cory and stumbling towards the other Wilson brother

"The dealers are here" Jordan said "We gotta go!"

Cory sighed and stared at Liliana who was drunkly walking back towards the petty. He let out a groan, trying to decide whether to stay or go.

Cory grabbed the girl and dragged her towards where the boys' bikes were, sitting her on the back. She sighed and rested her head on Cory's back, falling into a deep sleep.