Chapter 23

Liliana left Miss Carter's office after a thirty minute conversation

Liliana left Miss Carter's office after a thirty minute conversation. Miss Carter concluded that because the people couldn't be identified and there were no other witnesses, she couldn't do anything other than suggest Liliana didn't walk home alone.

Liliana sighed as the bell rang for break, making her way outside to the picnic bench where she said she would meet Cory and Jordan. She smiled when she saw them both sat down, chattering.

"Hey, how did it go?" Cory asked

"She can't do anything" Liliana said "It's too vague and apparently, I should just not walk home alone"

Naveed and Riz came rushing over. Naveed pulled Liliana in for a tight hug and Riz did the same. Liliana smiled as Hayley, Razia, Missy and Nas all rushed over, anxiously awaiting any updates.

Once Liliana told everyone that nothing could be done, the group turned angry. They frowned and mumbled things like "Don't the school care about our safety?" and "So, who's walking her home?"

The bell rang again so the group went into the school building, heading towards their lessons as Liliana, Cory and Jordan held back.

"None of this would've happened if you hadn't got dealers involved in your life" Cory shrugged

"Back off, Cory" Jordan said "You're not exactly perfect"

"Stop!" Liliana instructed "I don't care who's fault it is. I care about getting home tonight without getting beaten up"

"That's not gonna happen" Cory said "I won't let it"

"You've got rugby tonight, you can't miss it, i'll walk her" Jordan said

"Are you insane?" Cory scoffed

Liliana rolled her eyes and grabbed Cory's hand, holding it tightly. She strolled up the stairs, heading towards her locker with Cory not letting go of her hand.

"Cory, I can walk with Jordan" Liliana sighed

"No, if they see you with Jordan-" Cory began to stress making Liliana sigh

"It's fine, okay?" Liliana said "I'll be fine"

"I might just skip rugby" Cory said

Liliana shut her locker, shaking her head at the boy. She suddenly had an idea, she chuckled at the fact she hadn't thought of it sooner.

"I'll come and watch you play rugby" Liliana said "You can walk home home after, if you want"

"It's going to rain" Cory said "Have you got a coat?"

"Nope" Liliana shook her head "I don't care though"

"Fine" Cory sighed

Liliana smiled at the boy, standing up on her tiptoes and pressing a gentle kiss to his cheek before walking away, heading to class.

She arrived at her PE theory lesson, taking her usual seat next to Shannon who smiled at her as she moved her things to create more space.

Mr Simpson then began to pass out textbooks and encouraged students to get some notes down in preparation for their exams.

Shannon turned to Liliana, smiling at her as the girl stared back in confusion.

"I can't believe you managed to tame Cory Wilson" Shannon giggled

"What do you mean?" Liliana asked

"He's so totally fallen for you" Shannon said with a small smile "Everyone knows it"

"Really?" Liliana chuckled

"He acts differently with you" Shannon nudged Liliana "It's like he cares about what you think of him"

-

The day eventually came to an end as Liliana followed Cory down to the changing rooms, waiting patiently outside. She smiled at each of the boys as they poured out in their rugby kits, determined looks on their faces.

Cory eventually finished getting changed and walked out, smiling at Liliana. He grabbed her hand, making her run down to the pitch with him as she giggled.

Liliana took her usual place on the sidelines, cheering the boys on. She giggled as Mr Bell shouted instructions at them, making the boys run even faster.

The rain began to fall. It was heavy enough that it was noticeable but light enough so that the boys could continue playing rugby without fear of injury.

Liliana cheered them on, watching their every move as the boys tackled each other and ran off with the ball. Although Liliana didn't really understand what was going on, she giggled everytime Mr Bell told someone off making Cory smile at her.

Liliana looked back at the school gates, her face completely falling when she saw two people sat on bikes but not going anywhere. Instantly, she recognised the bikes and the red jackets and her face fell completely.

She looked away, hoping it would make them leave but it didn't make a difference as they still just stood, staring at the students on the field.

"Right, get home the lot of you!"