Chapter 40

Liliana woke up, her eyes immediately burning from the white lights that glared at her

Liliana woke up, her eyes immediately burning from the white lights that glared at her. She sighed, rubbing her head gently.

"No, don't move" She heard a voice say "You're badly bruised and you have two cracked ribs"

She turned her head, seeing her mum, Anne, sat by her beside. She smiled softly, grabbing her hand and holding it tightly.

"I was so scared" Anne said "I thought I was going to lose you"

Liliana frowned, as flashbacks of the accident came rushing through her brain. She immediately became overwhelmed with worry as she began to panic.

"Where's Missy?" She asked

She stared at her mum, dreading what she would say next as she began to feel sick. She wasn't sure if it was the concussion or the thought of something bad happening but she stared at her mum in horror.

"Can I just say, I know you've been unconscious 'n all but i definitely came off worse!" Missy inspired as she walked into Liliana's hospital room "Wakey Wakey, rise and shine!"

"Missy!" Liliana beamed

"Not one, but two broken wrists!" Missy sighed dramatically "I think i'd rather be like you"

The girls quietened down when a doctor walked in, holding a clipboard. Missy clearly eyed him up making Liliana giggle slightly.

The doctor pulled a mini torch out of his pocket, waving it in Liliana's eyes as the girl sighed, blinking once he'd finished.

"Miss Quinn, we're going to keep you in hospital overnight" The doctor said "It's clear you're concussed so we think it would be the safer option"

"Unlucky" Missy teased "Hayley told me there are chips waiting for me when I get home"

-

Liliana arrived home the next day, immediately being pulled into a tight hug by Nas. She grinned at her friend, yawning slightly.

"I'm gonna go see Missy" Nas stated "You coming?"

"Nah, i'm exhausted" Liliana said "Give Missy a sloppy kiss on the cheek from me"

Nas nodded, running off towards Kaneez's car as Liliana waved, smiling. She felt a hand on her arm and turned around to see Josh and his Dad. She smiled at them both, nodding to them as she stepped inside.