Chapter 17

Liliana sat at the table with Riz and Naveed and a few other boys

Liliana sat at the table with Riz and Naveed and a few other boys. People all around the canteen were chattering about the Cory food bank situation and Liliana had never felt worse for the boy. She was still annoyed at Cory but she wanted him to be happy and decided that she could forget about the emotions she was having and concentrate on him.

"How are you doing?" Riz asked Liliana

"I'm fine" Liliana shrugged

"Even after Cory kissed you and then slept with someone else?" Riz chuckled "I'd be so mad"

"It's not like we were official" Liliana shrugged

Cory strolled over to the group, leaning next to Sam and Candice Murgatroyd against the barrier that was beside the table. He had an apple in his hand that was missing a chunk.

"Hey up, guys" Cory smirked

Everyone awkwardly looked anywhere but at Cory. A silence fell upon the group as Cory shifted uncomfortably.

"What's up?" Cory asked worriedly

As Riz lifted his phone to show Cory the message that had taken the school by storm, the canteen fell silent. Liliana looked up and saw Alya walking towards their table, a smile plastered on her face.

"Aren't you doing to congratulate me on my win?" Alya asked

"Congratulate ya?" Riz scoffed "For what?"

Riz turned his phone so that Alya could see the message, her face falling when she did so.

"You want us to believe all that talk about charity when you're happy to say stuff like that" Liliana scoffed "You're a joke"

"How did you get that?" Alya asked

"Leave it" Cory said as he walked around the table to face Alya.

He scoffed at her. His eyes full of hatred and disgust.

"All that talk about charity, look at you" Cory said as he looked her up and down "You're just so full of yourself, just a stick up spoilt little brat"

Cory stormed off, leaving Alya stood with a disgusted look on her face. Liliana sighed, waiting for the girl to leave.

"Why are you still here?" Liliana asked with a dirty look "You're disgusting"

Still, Alya made no effort to move making Liliana even more angry. She stood up from her seat, marching towards Alya. Her moves were quick and her angry attitude intimidated everyone around her.

Before Liliana could make any physical impact on Alya, Sam and Riz pulled her back. Alya scoffed at the girl, giving her hateful eyes.

"I used to think you were so sweet" Alya said

"I am" Liliana said "Until you mess with my friends"

"Or the boy you're so utterly and hopelessly in love with who, lets face it, would never even set eyes on someone as disgusting as you" Alya spat

"Alya, go away" Sam said as she gripped Liliana tightly

"Cory kissed you and then went and slept with someone else" Alya stated "Shows a lot about what he thinks of you"

Alya marched off making Sam and Riz let go of Liliana. The brunette sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She sat back down, sighing to herself in anger.

-

Cory arrived home, slamming the door behind him. He was beyond angry at Alya but mostly, angry because he'd just been humiliated.

He walked through the house, into the kitchen and frowned when he swung open the fridge and it was completely empty. He glanced over at his Dad who was opening a can of beer.

"Have you been out today?" Cory asked with an angry tone to his voice.

His Dad was wearing a blue shirt that had a stain on it, along with pyjama bottoms. He hadn't shaved in a while, his beard becoming grey and shabby.

Cory rolled his eyes and left the house, walking to the nearest shop. He smiled at the girl at the cash register, his hands in the pocket of his burgundy hoodie.

Cory went to pick up bread and then threw it back down, glancing carefully at the security cameras. He threw his hood up and his head down as he eyed up the cakes and biscuits, selecting which ones would fit in his pocket the easiest.

Suddenly, Cory caught the eye of another shopper. She was in a pink bodycon dress and a denim jacket. Cory stared at her for a while, checking her out until eventually, he made his way over towards her.