Chapter 24

Cory left the changing room

Cory left the changing room. He strolled over towards where Liliana was stood, leaning against the brick wall. He pulled his hoodie out of his bag, passing it to the girl.

"You're gonna catch a cold" He stated

He frowned when she didn't respond. He glanced over and saw her staring at the gates, her skin paler than usual. He sighed and intertwined their fingers, pulling her close to him.

"They're here" Liliana said shakily

Cory shook his head and pulled the hoodie over the girl, reconnecting their hands afterwards as she leaned in closer to him.

The two students walked along the busy roads and up the hill until they eventually reached Liliana's house. She smiled at Cory, leaning up and kissing his lips.

He smiled at her and watched her walk inside the house, waving her goodbye as he began the long and boring walk back to his house, glad that Liliana was safe.

-

Liliana sighed when she heard the faint sound of arguing erupting from downstairs. She knew arguments would happen and she knew her Dad would cheat again, she just didn't think it would be so soon.

Liliana heard the door slam and looked out of her window, watching Josh walk away from the house. She sighed and picked up her phone, clicking on Cory's contact.

She attempted to ring him but frowned when her call didn't go through. She assumed he was busy on another line making her roll her eyes and throw her phone down as she changed into a yellow top and black jeans.

She walked out of her room sheepishly, sitting herself down on the stairs and listening to her parents fighting. She couldn't help but have memories of when she was younger and she wouldn't be able to sleep because her parents were fighting.

Liliana grabbed her shoes, putting them on and then rushing back into her room and grabbing her phone. She strolled downstairs; not bothering to say goodbye as she slammed the door behind her.

She walked along the street. The sky was still light as it was only around five in the evening, making Liliana feel just a small bit safer. She approached one of the final streets, it was more closed off and less busy.

Abruptly, Liliana was pulled back by someone, pressing her back to the fence. She instantly recognised the two people, as they stared at her, allowing her to notice all their features.

One of the boys held her arm as the other one stood in front of her. He was much taller than she was, making her feel intimidated and threatened.

"We warned you, we fucking warned you" He chuckled darkly "Jordan had to pay up, or you owed us"

"I don't get what any of this has to do with me, i'm not involved" Liliana mumbled

"Your little boyfriend is a mutual friend of ours, we know they have a soft spot for you" He said

"You're a Murgatroyd" Liliana spat "You're a bunch of racists"

"Jordan owes us money, maybe this will show him he needs to pay up" The guy said angrily

The man leant foward, lifting his fist up and punching Liliana right in the face making her scream in pain. The two men than ran off, leaving the girl dazed and in pain.

Liliana closed her eyes, leaning against the wall as she breathed heavily. The pain was unbearable but she couldn't open her eye and so, didn't want to move.

Eventually, she was able to open her eye slightly. She began to walk slowly towards Cory's house.

After a ten minute walk that usually took three minutes, Liliana arrived at Cory's house and weakly knocked on the door. She was exhausted and could feel her head beginning to pound heavily.

Cory was upstairs when he heard the knock at the door. He sighed and walked downstairs, shirtless and tired. He swung open the door and frowned when he saw Liliana. He instantly saw her face brushing and how weak she looked as angry overcame his body.

He lightly grabbed a Liliana's arm, pulling her into his house but not before she collapsed in his arms, making the boy panic.