six

0 6.

•••

Of course she left me with her annoying boyfriend.

Moving the last pieces of cake around my plate, I realized that Warren never loved me. He had claimed so all these times, and I believed him every time.

God, I was so pathetic. To think that he could ever love me, this son of a bitch only used me for his own benefits. I lost my virginity to him for crying out loud!

Men are manipulators, they know their our around the bush. Smooth talkers, always made me laugh and soon enough, they take what they want.

"I can see that you're mad at me," Scott addressed me, looking at me so intensely. "I don't understand. May I know why?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "You're my sister's boyfriend," I responded as if that would explain everything — it did, in a way. "Can you see that whole story, like can actually see how this ends?" I waved my hands in front of me to indicate a picture.

Scott chuckled, familiar dimple digging into his cheek. "Like I said, you worry too much. It's cute. So uhm..." he trailed off, jabbing his thumb behind his shoulder, "there's a coffee café right across the street. Would you like to come with me?"

I stared at him warily. Was he indirectly asking me out on a coffee date?  I thought, but I shook that thought out of my head. He was just craving coffee, and he asked me if I'd join him. Nothing too much to look into.

Right?

"Or we could just grab something to eat before we hit the road," he added when I didn't respond, "McDonald's? That's your favorite yeah?"

He opened his mouth to say something else, but I nodded my head, and soon we found ourselves in the cozy coffee café across the street. The fresh coffee beans wafted around the atmosphere, making it feel like home.

I closed my eyes and inhaled, smiling to myself as I held the warm latte between my hands. When I reopened my eyes, Scott was looking at me so deeply I thought my head might explode.

"Can you stop staring?" I hissed, taking a sip of my coffee, "it's rude to stare, or I will gouge your eyes out with a machete."

Scott laughed, and I found it adorable. I shivered. Did I really just admit that I like his laugh? Thunder grumbled above us, and I looked through the window. Black clouds started to form.

"You can make all the threats you want," he replied, leaning forward as he placed his elbows onto the table. "You wouldn't dare and besides, you'll miss me too much."

"Did you come up with that line or did you copy and paste?" I scoffed, not really impressed by his reply.

"Oh, I never copy and paste," he retaliated, never taking his eyes off me. "All this is original. Pure. You'd never understand, squirrel."

Looking around the room, a few people were engulfed into their own conversations. I looked back at him. "Can you not call me that?" I hissed again, "it's not cute, and not suiting. And someone might hear."

His mouth fell open. "Did you just say squirrels aren't cute? What planet are you living on? Squirrel screams cute with their innocent looking eyes!" he exclaimed with wide eyes. "Also, no one knows us here so I'm pretty sure they think we're a couple — that idea is not too bad, actually."