fourteen

1 4.

•••

I really needed to stop thinking about Scott.

How could I when he removed his shirt to wrap it around his waist? I watched as his back muscles flexed, mesmerized by his musclar features.

It felt like we were walking for hours, and my limbs threatened to collapse at any moment. He halted in his step, and I glared at his back.

"Hey Squirrel," Scott called, sounding like we were in trouble. "You might want to come take a look at this."

I stepped forward with furrowed eyebrows, and materialized next to him. In front of me was an open plane more like a desert.

"Nope," I declined, shaking my head as I turned around to walk the other way. "I'm not going to die of a heat stroke!"

Scott caught my hand before I could escape as he turned me around so I could look at him. "This isn't a movie where you can just walk back the way you came. How are you going to find your way home, mhmm? Look," he sighed, holding the bridge of his nose. "I see a property in the distance. They might help us."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "That's what you said the last time, and we almost got shot!"

He looked deep into my eyes, and brought his hands up to cup my face. "We can do this," he said to me. "I know we can."

And so I found myself walking in the blazing sun. I groaned out loud, regretting my decision to walk this way. Untying the hoodie from my waist, I held it up to cover my face from the scorching sun.

I was panting heavily, and Scott turned around giving me a concerned look.

"You alright?" he asked, brows furrowed.

I nodded despite the burning feeling in my legs. "Yeah," I responded meeting his gaze, "just keep walking."

Surprisingly enough, he obeyed me and kept his pace in front me. I brought my hands up to my cheeks feeling the heat radiating from it, I probably looked like a tomato. But just as I was about to complain about walking for too long, and that I was going to die at any moment.

Scott shouted, "over there!"

My gaze followed his pointed finger into the near distance in front of us. I could make out a bar-house. Bar downstairs, rooms upstairs. It was busy, I could tell by the moving of heads and bodies.

"Do you think we can go in there?" I asked when I noticed a guy driving on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. "They're bikers, Scott. They won't hesitate to slice our throats."

Scott chuckled, and I frowned. This was serious, and he thought it was a joke. "We're not looking for trouble," he said, and scoffed. "We're just looking for directions out of here. I'm pretty sure they know the way out of here."

I hummed. Yeah, they probably would since they travel on a two wheel. Sighing with relief as the oak bar-like house came into view, I grabbed his hand, and jogged off to our new destination.

There were a lot of bikers parked in front of this bar, and my stomach churned in waves. Music could be heard playing, and I smiled.