seven

0 7.

•••

My head was throbbing so hard, I could feel it in my core.

Inhaling to exhale, Scott's hand run up and down my back soothingly. I tried not to lose my cool. I was in his arms at a weird position.

"I need you to get off me so I can let us out," he said grinning too widely at me. "Though I love this position. I think we should stay like this until help arrives."

I came to the conclusion that he bumped his head when he was young. He was sexually active, and always seemed to be smiling at me. Something twisted in my stomach as I rolled my eyes.

Once I got off his lap, he sent me a wink and turned his attention toward the cracked windshield in front of us. He kicked it once — making me flinch —  it began to break open. He gave it one more powerful kick, and the window flew out.

Scott looked at me, and gestured toward the exit. "After you," he said politely. "There's smoke which means we're going to explode soon."

Woah. That was one way of making me feel comfortable.

Folding my arms over my chest stubbornly, I said, "you're always make me leave first ,or open doors for me." Rolling my eyes, I added, "it makes me feel weird. You make it seem like I'm a girl which I'm not, obviously. I really —"

Scott shook his head. "Seriously?" he asked unbelievably, giving me a deadpan look. "We're in a life, or death situation right now, and you have time to argue? Just get out of the car already. I'm not ready to die yet."

I sighed, and ran my hands through my hair. God, what a mess this was. Letting my foot touch the dashboard, the car jerked forward and I gasped.

He snorted, and I turned to glare at him. "This isn't  funny!" I said, seriousness written all over my face. "I could lose my leg or something."

Carefully making sure not to hurt myself, I reluctantly got on the dashboard, and got out safely. Scott was already behind me, and when our eyes met, he looked down at my hand.

"What?" I asked innocently as I brought my hand up only to see red. "Oh God."

My head immediately started to spin. Blood made me dizzy and nauseous, I figured he didn't know that when I fell onto the ground. Scott laughed until he realized it was a very serious situation and cursed, "oh shit, you're being serious."

Right after our accident, the clouds evaporated and the sun was back out again. I could only concentrate on the beautiful leaves on the trees, the sunlight crept through as it gave the environment life. It was also the first time that I actually saw birds communicate with each other.

The hairs in my ears vibrated at the sound of footsteps and Scott bent down cautiously lifting my head up.  "Hey squirrel," he said with a small smile on his lips. "We gotta find help. Come on, get up."

I opened my mouth to say something when I felt cold water being splashed onto my face. I coughed, and Scott tilted me onto my side as the content in my stomach came up.

"Don't worry," he said, patting my back repeatedly. "Let it out. Its good to let it all out."

After having an episode, I felt so much better. Turning my head to look into Scott's green eyes. "Thank you," I said sincerely. "Do you mind wiping the blood from my hand? I don't want to see it."