Half Brothers

Luna's POV:

Standing half-naked in the room, I was in total disbelief that Eli had left me all alone. Gripping the edge of the shirt that Eli gave me to wear, I was starting to get worried. Why did Eli look so angry when he left? And why was he in such a rush in leaving!? I know he told me to stay here and wait, but why do I feel so uneasy about this. Looking down at my feet, I saw the many books that were laying around the room. They all had strange symbol's on them, just what are these books even about?

"I almost mistook you for a child, you look so small standing there dressed like that."

Hearing that deep voice, I quickly looked up and saw that it was Crow who was standing by the door! My heart immediately dropped when I saw the amount of blood that was covering his mouth and clothes! So without even thinking, I quickly took a few steps back out of fear and accidentally slipped on one of the books that were on the floor! Closing my eyes I was expecting to hit the back of my head as I was falling over, however, the impact never came.

"I'm sorry if my appearance scares you, but you better get used to seeing us looking like this," Crow responded calmly as I felt his voice closer to me.

Opening my eyes, the smell of blood was all that I could sniff out. Looked up, and I saw his red eyes along with his milky white hair, he held a look of annoyance as I felt his arms being wrapped around me! Did he break my fall? Avoiding his stare, I looked around and saw that he was now carrying me!

"I'm sorry, but...thank you. Could you let go of me now?"

I stuttered out my words without even thinking, I wasn't sure how to respond to him but all I knew was that I didn't want to be anywhere near him right now. Especially when he's covered in human blood!

"This is going to be annoying for me, though I could only imagine what Felix is going through," Crow quietly said to himself as he placed me back down.

"What's going to be annoying? And why are you bringing up Felix for?"

I asked him while trying to pull my shirt down while taking a few inches away from him...

"Elijah has completely left you in the dark, hasn't he? Has he ever told you anything about what's going on? I know that he was here with you a while ago, I could smell the sweat and see your ripped clothes laying around the floor. I'm sure you two were too busy to even talk..."

He said with a playful smirk while wiping the blood away from his mouth

He said with a playful smirk while wiping the blood away from his mouth. I couldn't help but feel embarrassed as I looked away, are all of these brothers so blunt with everything!? Also, it's really hard to look at Crow without freaking out with all that blood he had on. I know that this is probably normal for all of them in the underworld, but I don't think I could ever get used to it. I'm just relieved that Crow isn't as mean as Emily is, though I could tell that Crow does get irritated very easily. But what did Crow mean by Eli leaving me in the dark?