Sobbing

Luna's POV:

My lungs felt like they were burning up! The water surrounding us was cold, but my insides felt like they were on fire! Wasn't the potion that Emily gave me suppose to help me hold my breath in longer!? As I continued to hold Ren close to me, I knew that I had to give him some of my air or else he really will die!

Placing my lips on his, I passed my breath on to him. I'm afraid though, how long will we both stay underwater!? At this rate, I fear that Ren and I won't make it out alive. Maybe that was what Emily planned from the start, I mean, she never intended to come with me from the very start. But how else was I supposed to help Ren?! As I pushed out the little bit of air I had left, I was certain that I was going to die. However, a heavy wave of water suddenly began to push Ren and me to the surface! My body couldn't stop shaking and I was starting to lose my strength with how tightly I was holding Ren's body...

But I won't let go of him no matter how strong the water is pulling us! I want Ren to live, I don't want him to suffer anymore because of me! Opening my mouth, I began to gag for any air I could grasp. My lungs felt like they were about to collapse! And just when I thought all hope was lost, I was able to see a dim light above us! Does the light mean that I'm dying? Is this how things end for me? If so, please...God. Save Ren at least...

As the light grew brighter, I closed my eyes shut and felt the water hitting my body. The waves had pushed Ren and me to the hard surface of the shore, I immediately coughed up some water as my lungs were finally able to breathe! Catching my breath, I lay on my back and opened my eyes, and saw how bright the moon was tonight. Wait, I only see one moon! So that means...

"I'm back in my world..."

I said to myself as I hung onto Ren's hand once the water kept splashing over us, focusing my attention on Ren's health, I didn't yet realize where we ended up. My main concern was keeping Ren warm, but I'm not sure how I'm gonna be able to do that? He's still naked, and the cold water wasn't helping. I have to pull him out of this lake with whatever energy I had left...

"It's okay Ren...everything is...gonna be okay now. We're home..."

I stuttered as my teeth kept chattering with how freezing it was, and although Ren is still breathing, he was still unconscious and I'm sure he has no idea what was going on right now. As I began pulling him, I looked up at the night sky. I guess the sun is about to come out soon? That's good, that way Ren could warm up. It was difficult to pull Ren's body though, he may be a lot lighter than before. But I feel so weak for some reason? Is it the cold air along with my wet clothes that has me feeling so fatigued or something?

"Huh..."

I heard Ren moan out in pain as I continued to pull him along the shore. It breaks my heart hearing his pain, I wish I could take it away. With the air picking up, it felt like little needles jabbing away at my skin. I knew this was bad, if it hurts me I could only imagine how much it hurts Ren. I need to find a place to lay him down, somewhere with shelter. Or a place that could block this wind from us at least! With my eyes looking around, I noticed in the far distance there was a tree. So without wasting any time, I began to pull Ren towards that area, but I was also very alert to see if anyone was around, I need help! But to my misfortune, there was no one in sight. Completely out of breath, I managed to reach the tree, but something dawned on me. This place feels so similar, like I've been here before...

"No way, I thought that was nothing but a dream," I said to myself completely out of breath from exhaustion.

Gazing at the tree, I really couldn't believe what I was seeing, it felt like I was dreaming again. This is the place where I got lost as a child, and a man sat right here where I placed Ren. Who was he though? I need to remember...