Truthful Lies

Felix's POV:

It was no surprise seeing Emily, however, I would've liked it if she remained unconscious still. Maybe I should've hit her harder when I snuck up behind her in Elijah's study room, but I'm sure she's gonna want me to explain what's going on. I prefer to be left alone right now with my piano and Luna, but I don't think that's gonna happen until I explain the situation to my sister. Even if I tell her to leave, I'm sure she'll ignore my orders. I truly wish I didn't spoil Emily so young...

"Emily, why are you crying?"

I asked her while wiping away her tears, she didn't even realize she was crying once I asked her. To her shock, she finally let go of my shoulders and rubbed her tears away as she walked right past me...

"Don't change the fucking subject, tell me why is this thing on your bed? And what the hell happened downstairs, where's Elijah?! Also, what did Crow talk to you-"

"One question at a time Emily. You're overwhelming yourself..."

I said to her as I looked back at Luna sleeping so peacefully. I'm relieved she can't hear anything right now, so I made my way back to my seat and began to play my piano once again. With my fingers flowing so freely, I was able to feel calm and relaxed again...

"Felix, just tell me what's going on. Why do I feel like I'm being left out so much? Do you not trust me with anything? If mom was here she would be disappointed-"

"Don't bring up mother when she's been dead for centuries. There's no point in mentioning her right now, so don't you dare use her against me."

I quickly silenced her as I continued to press on the keys harder...

"I'm not using mom against you! I'm just saying that we used to be so close, but ever since this human came into our lives, it's like you've become a different demon...I feel like we're just drifting apart! The only thing we do together now is just fuck one another! I hate the lack of emotion you give me!"

She cried out in anger as she slammed her hand on the top platform of the piano...

"Emily, remember what I told you after mother died. I made a promise to mom that I will take care of you for the rest of my life. I'm sure her last wish would've been for the both of us to be happy in the end, that you would be my bride and that we would have many children and live out our lives happily until we both died together hand in hand. But that's not the reality, father chose Elijah to be King in the end and that you should marry him instead. So I had to step down and let our new King rule this world...but know that I never stopped caring about you, Emily. "

I explained to her once I pressed the last key on the piano, looking up, I saw the sad expression displayed on her face...

"If you never stopped caring about me, then why didn't you help me get rid of her? You should know by now that Elijah called off the marriage between us because of this human. So if you truly do care about me then-"

"I had to let you grow, Emily. As a child, you were loved and spoiled too much by your mother and me, you always got what you wanted and if you didn't, you made sure you did in the end. It's about time you open your eyes and realize that you can't have everything you want. I won't let you kill Luna, that is the one thing I won't let you do, no matter how much you end up hating me in the end. This is the one thing you can not have..."

I sternly replied as I stood myself up to face her more directly...

"Why? Is it because Elijah gave you the order to protect her?!"

She asked with a curious tone, however, she held madness in her expression as she took a step forward...

"I'm the last demon that Elijah would ever ask to protect this human. However, he gave his order that he would not have anybody lay a hand on her. Did you know that Luna ended up saving your life after Elijah found out what you did to her in the garden? Do you have any idea what Elijah wanted to do to you once he saw your handprints around her neck? I'm sure he would have killed you, slowly and painfully without any remorse. And I wouldn't have been able to do anything other than just watch as my sister die a painful death!"