Letting Go

Luna's POV:

"He would never kill you, Luna... however, he won't let what you did go unpunished."

Crow explained as he tried to pull me towards him...

"Crow, I beg you. Please help me...help Ren. I don't care what Eli does to me, but I won't let him hurt Ren anymore. I just need your help on this, please..."

I begged with hurtful cries as I clutched onto Crow's arms in desperation, I'm completely out of options and I knew that it was only a matter of time before Elijah finds us!

"Luna..."

Hearing Crow call out my name, made me look into his eyes more cautiously. I've been so focused on Ren that I didn't pay much attention to Crow's injury! His eye was bandaged up and it looked painful...

"What happened to your eye?"

I asked with hesitation as I began to reach out my hand towards his injury, however, he immediately caught my hand and looked away in discomfort, did Eli do this to him?!

"Let me ask you something, why are you risking so much for that human behind you? He no longer knows who you are, nor will he ever be able to remember what you've done. So why disobey Eli's trust for all of this?"

He calmly asked me as he stared out towards the lake bed...

"Because I would never be able to forgive myself if Ren died because of me. Even if he no longer remembers who I am, I still want him to live, to be happy, and to have a family that I wasn't able to give him-"

"Did you love him?"

He suddenly asked as I felt his hand gripping my arm more tightly. But as I continued to stare at his expression, he still kept looking at the lake in front of us, I wonder why he was so curious about my relationship with Ren?

"Of course I did, I loved him-"

"Luna, remember when I told you that one must choose between their soul mate and their loved one. Well, this human that you're saving, is neither the love of your life nor your soul mate-"

"How the hell do you know!? You don't know me, you don't know anything about my feeling's-"

"You're right, I don't know your feelings. But through these past months, I've grown to know more about you. You're afraid of being alone, you never wish to hurt others, and all you want is happiness. But you know that deep down, that isn't possible anymore for you. Because the love that you have for Eli is slowly breaking you and because of that, you don't know what to do anymore..."

He strictly explained as he turned his gaze towards me, but the seriousness in his eye was replaced with sadness. And then it dawned on me, this whole time, Crow has always...

"You've been listening to me all this whole time, haven't you..."

I asked him as I felt my tears coming down my face in guilt, I felt so horrible within my heart, not because of the love I have for Eli. But because what Crow said was true, I knew that Ren was never my soulmate. And no matter how many years have passed, I was never able to forget about Eli. Even when I tried to push him away from my thoughts, it did nothing but make me slowly fall deeper into my sins of loving him...

"These tears, who do they shed for?"

Crow quietly asked as I felt his long slim fingers wiping them away from my cheeks.

"I don't know anymore," I answered in sorrow.

My knees were shaking in grief, though I felt my body being pulled forward as I felt myself being embraced! Is Crow, hugging me?