Cracked Mirror

"What the f*ck do you think you're doing, asshole?"

It was just impulse. Y/N had always felt the need to protect him, I mean, they were friends after all... weren't they? Whispers arouse, their voices saying,"isn't that Xavier's girlfriend?" "Yeah, he said so himself." "Wtf?!" "She's hot."

"Move." He looked intrigued at the H/C girl's actions. He almost grinned.
"Like hell."
"He's not here for you, so back off!" A skinny girl with magenta highlights clung onto Ollie protectively, as if that would help him. He only glared at her oblivious face. "Get off me, Stacy."

"It's... it's Tracy..."

He went to shove her off, while she pleaded helplessly on the tiled floor. And when nobody seemed to be paying attention to Y/N and Austin (their sole focus on the pathetic girl on the ground), they started to confer.

Austin pulled at Y/N's sleeve. "Hey, let's just go." Y/N nodded, retrieving her fist. The jet haired male with golden eyes latched onto her wrist. "We're not finished here."

Ollie flicked his infrared pupils from the magenta tips to Y/N. The sandy eyed male, River, tugged her towards Ollie.

"We'll take this after class, all right?" He whispered, running his tongue over her ear. She shivered under his gaze, but never broke eye contact with River, standing a little way behind Ollie.

"Meet us by the fountain, and come alone. I might just let your friend off."
He licked his lips as Y/N drew away. She shuddered.

"Go f*ck yourself, Meid."

He held her chin with a grip like chains. "Call me Ollie, sweet cheeks. And don't sound so cold."

"Let her go!" Austin finally piped up from the corner. His hair stuck to his face due to sweat, and he looked like a child having a tantrum over his favourite toy.

Ollie released her, hardly glancing at Austin.
"See you around, Y/N."

Silence.

Y/N almost forgot everyone in the cafeteria was still there. They stared at her while she rushed herself and Austin back to their table.
By then, chatter was uneasily reestablished.

"What the hell was that about, McLee?!" Yumiko addressed Austin by his last name, it was their thing.
The boy was flustered, however, and didn't respond. Still huffing about how he would take him down later. Y/N rested a hand on his shoulder, that seemed to calm him down.

"What were you thinking?! Trying to best a fight three against one?"

"You... you didn't hear what he said... ab-about you... Damn it. Should've punched him."

Austin was a mess, the type where one looked as if they would throw up. The three friends looked at each other seriously. They were having a mental battle over who would take him to the boy's bathroom.

In the end, Y/N lost.

She sighed. "Austin, buddy, let's take you to the bathroom."

• • •

Austin washed the throw up from his face, sighing in the prospect. Oh Y/N.

He'd been in love with the girl for as long as he could remember, ever since that one day in kindergarten she'd fought his bullies. But every time he'd try to confess, he'd screw up and fret for their friendship.

It was better like this.

His hand clenched on the tap, face growing an unruly red colour. He felt he was on fire with rage. How dare he... how could he... I'm no coward, I'll kill him.