The "get together"

Y/N's pearl necklace ⬆️

The hall had portraits of the royal family hanging up, it really must've been a pain for anyone not of the royal family, Ivan thought.

He and Rio had come with their quickly attained dates, no doubt daughters of some unrecognisable family.

The boys were pissed at Ollie, Ivan for the way he acted at dinner a few nights ago, but Rio for some unexplained reasons.

Ivan looked cautiously at the boy, who stared at the double oak doors.
He saw Rio twitch, his arms firm at his sides.

"She's coming. I can feel it."

Ivan didn't have to assume who that was.

The thing that pissed him off is that he didn't think to ask her.

The party was same as always. Xavier found it very draining.

"My lord, Prince Xavier, I can see you're pouting. What's the matter?" Duke Orm asked.

"I want someone."

"Oh?" The man questioned. He was in his late forties and knew nothing of love, but was willing to entertain the boy. He believed Xavier's clown of a cousin would never be crowned, so it was best to suck up to this bozo in ripe time.

"She doesn't want me back."

"Sir, there are many arrangements we could make to bring her to you."

"Really?!" The poor prince seemed too over excited.

His face frowned as sudden as it smiled. "She's... scared? Of me? Am I... she only calls me Your Highness, never Xavier.... am I really that...."
His puppy face dawned, eyes widening to maximum cuteness, despite his scary appearance.
"Unloveable?"

"Oh course not, I'm sure I can—"

The duke was interrupted by the swing of a door opening.

Orm scoffed. "No doubt that's your good for nothing cousin."

His voice was cut off.

As was the rest of the hall.

The prince had arrived...
with a girl.

"That's her..." Xavier's mouth hung open with evident shock.

"Y/N."

The girl was clad in F/C silk. It looked too expensive for her, but there was something about her that made you want to learn more. That made you think she was worthy of that attention.

But the most exquisite thing that really rivalled her beauty was the necklace that donned her neck. It was a string of pearls worthy of a queen.

"Are you okay?" Darius squeezed her hand reassuring.

The girl sighed. She really didn't want to be there. A boy had just died. And these people were celebrating.

And Darius was a... prince.

The prince.

So, no. She was not okay. Y/N was sick of being lied to, and sick of being anywhere.

"Yes, I'm fine. When will this be over?" She lied.

"Just wait a couple hours. I'm sure you can entertain yourself. This is the only bad part."